Zoom and Move Pages Around Quickly in Microsoft Visio Drawings
by Avantix Learning Team | Updated April 8, 2017
Applies to: Microsoft® Visio® 2010, 2013 and 2016 (Windows)
You can zoom and pan (move the page) in your Microsoft Visio diagrams quickly using your mouse and keyboard in three ways:
- Control + Shift + mouse click
- Control + Shift + mouse drag
- Control + roller mouse wheel
Recommended article: No Mouse? Using Keyboard Only Navigation in Microsoft Office (Part 1: The Ribbon)
Zoom in and out using mouse buttons and the keyboard
To zoom in and out by left or right-clicking the mouse:
- Press Control + Shift + left click on the drawing to zoom in.
- Press Control + Shift + right click on the drawing to zoom out.
To zoom in on a specific region:
- Press Control + Shift + left mouse button and drag around the area you wish to zoom.
Pan using mouse buttons
To pan (move the page):
- Press the right mouse button and drag until the page is at the desired location. Your cursor will change to a hand when you’re panning.
Pan using the right mouse button and keyboard
To pan using the right mouse button and keyboard:
- Press Control + Shift + right mouse button and drag on the drawing to pan at the current zoom level.
Use the mouse wheel
If you have a mouse that has a wheel (roller mouse), you can zoom and pan using the wheel.
Zoom in and out using the mouse wheel and keyboard
To zoom in and out using the mouse wheel and keyboard:
- Press Control while rolling the mouse wheel forward to zoom in.
- Press Control while rolling the mouse wheel backward to zoom out.
Pan up and down using the mouse wheel
To pan up and down (you don’t need to press any other keys on your keyboard):
- Roll the mouse wheel forward to pan the page down.
- Roll the mouse wheel backward to pan the page up.
Pan left and right using the mouse wheel and keyboard
To pan left and right using the mouse wheel and keyboard:
- Press Shift while rolling the mouse wheel forward to pan to the right.
- Press Shift while rolling the mouse roll backward to pan to the left.
Did you find this article helpful? If you would like to receive new articles, join our email list.
Recommended Microsoft training
Our instructor-led classroom training courses are delivered at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada (some courses may also be delivered at an alternate downtown Toronto location). Contact us if you’d like to arrange custom training at your office on a date that’s convenient for you.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact us.
Copyright 2018 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may also like
You can create dynamic components in your Microsoft Word documents by inserting and updating fields. Update your fields and the document updates automatically!
Check out these great shortcuts for manipulating controls in Design View in both forms and reports in Microsoft Access.
In Microsoft Access, small green error markers may appear in Design View in forms and reports for a number of reasons. You can turn error checking off completely or set the rules you prefer.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com