Microsoft Word: Styles, Templates and Tables of Contents
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: January 25, 2019 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
During this hands-on course, students will work with some of Word’s more advanced features – styles, templates and tables of contents. Styles will be created to automate formatting and then tables of contents will be generated with page numbers and hyperlinks. Students will modify styles and tables of contents and then update documents to reflect the changes. Templates will be created to include frequently used styles and table of contents formats. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Each student will also receive a full course manual.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Note: This course is an alternative to the Microsoft Word: Intermediate / Advanced course which includes other important tools including Quick Parts, tables, newspaper-style columns and mail merge.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Automating Formatting Using Styles
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Applying styles to paragraphs
- Using heading styles
- Viewing the Styles task pane
- Displaying all styles
- Modifying styles
- Saving styles with a document
- Creating and applying new styles
- Copying styles between documents
Creating, Applying and Editing Table Styles
- Applying built-in table styles
- Creating a new table style
- Applying new table styles to multiple tables
- Modifying table styles
- Combining paragraph styles and table styles
Generating Tables of Contents
- Overview of tables of contents
- Picking up paragraphs using specific styles in tables of contents
- Generating a table of contents
- Updating tables of contents
- Formatting tables of contents
Controlling Pagination in Sections and Tables of Contents
- Setting up page numbering in headers and/or footers
- Page breaks compared to section breaks
- Restarting numbering in specific areas of a document
- Using multiple sections in a document with a table of contents
- Changing page number formatting on a table of contents page
- Removing page numbering completely in specific sections
- Inserting a hyperlink
- Jumping to a hyperlink
- Editing a hyperlink
- Hyperlinking to a bookmark
Assigning Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Assigning custom keyboard shortcuts to common Word commands
- Recommendations for keyboard shortcut combinations
- Overview of templates
- Using the normal template
- Setting the path for custom user templates
- Creating a new template
- Saving a new template
- Creating a new document based on a template
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
If you’re looking for more information regarding versions, check out our Microsoft Word versions overview.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2018 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can easily change the measurement system units in Microsoft Word for all of your documents. If you’d prefer to work in inches rather than centimeters (or vice versa), simply change the measurement system in Word’s Options.
Check out these Word tips, tricks and shortcuts to select an entire table, a single cell, an entire row or column or even multiple rows or columns in tables.
You can add or remove page breaks in Microsoft Word in a number of ways. You can delete manual page breaks one by one or delete all manual page breaks …
You may also like
As many Excel worksheets can become quite large, it can be useful to freeze row and column headings so that they are locked in place when you scroll through your worksheet. In Excel, you can freeze both row headings and column headings or just one.
You can add notes or speaker notes in your PowerPoint files using the Notes pane in Normal view. Notes may be viewed by a presenter during a presentation and may be printed as well. When you create your PowerPoint slides, you can add, edit and format notes.
You can troubleshoot issues with slide numbers in PowerPoint where slide numbers are not showing using several techniques …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org