Microsoft Word: Styles, Templates and Tables of Contents
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: January 28, 2020 | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
During this hands-on course, students will work with some of Word’s more advanced features – styles, templates and tables of contents. Styles will be created to automate formatting and then tables of contents will be generated with page numbers and hyperlinks. Students will modify styles and tables of contents and then update documents to reflect the changes. Templates will be created to include frequently used styles and table of contents formats. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Each student will also receive a full course manual.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Note: This course is an alternative to the Microsoft Word: Intermediate / Advanced course which includes other important tools including Quick Parts, tables, newspaper-style columns and mail merge.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Automating Formatting Using Styles
- Understanding the different types of styles
- Applying styles to paragraphs
- Applying styles to only to text
- Using heading styles
- Viewing the Styles task pane
- Displaying all styles
- Modifying styles
- Saving styles
- Creating and applying new styles
Copying or Importing Styles
- Copying styles between two documents
- Copying modified styles to the Normal template
Creating, Applying and Editing Table Styles
- Applying built-in table styles
- Creating a new table style
- Applying new table styles to multiple tables
- Modifying table styles
- Combining paragraph styles and table styles
Generating Tables of Contents
- Overview of tables of contents
- Picking up paragraphs using specific styles in tables of contents
- Generating a table of contents
- Updating tables of contents
- Formatting tables of contents
Controlling Pagination in Sections and Tables of Contents
- Setting up page numbering in headers and/or footers
- Page breaks compared to section breaks
- Restarting numbering in specific areas of a document
- Using multiple sections in a document with a table of contents
- Changing page number formatting on a table of contents page
- Removing page numbering completely in specific sections
Inserting and Managing Hyperlinks
- Inserting a hyperlink
- Jumping to a hyperlink
- Editing a hyperlink
- Hyperlinking to a bookmark
Assigning Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
- Assigning custom keyboard shortcuts to common Word commands
- Recommendations for keyboard shortcut combinations
- Overview of templates
- Using the Normal template
- Setting the path for custom user templates
- Creating a new template
- Saving a new template
- Creating a new document based on a template
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
If you’re looking for more information regarding versions, check out our Microsoft Word versions overview.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can insert built-in or custom fields in Word documents to display variable content that will change when you update the fields. If you want to insert custom fields, you will need to create custom document properties …
You can quickly remove all page breaks in a Microsoft Word file using Find and Replace. The following method will delete all manual page breaks created using the Breaks command or by pressing Ctrl + Enter …
You can create a mail merge in Microsoft Word to generate form letters. You’ll need to create a main document or letter in Microsoft Word and then connect to a data set of names and addresses. You can then merge to a new document or printer.
You may also like
You can insert nonbreaking spaces and nonbreaking dashes or hyphens in PowerPoint to keep characters together on one line …
You can change slide size or aspect ratio in Microsoft PowerPoint from widescreen to standard or vice versa. Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) is the default in 2013 and later versions of PowerPoint and standard (4:3 aspect ratio) is the default in 2010 and earlier versions.
You can achieve some interesting effects in your PowerPoint presentations by applying a blur effect to a picture. Blur is an artistic effect and you can increase the blur using the Format Picture task pane or dialog box …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com