Microsoft Word: Designing Dynamic Word Documents Using Fields
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day (9 am – 4 pm)
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Instructor-led Virtual classroom (ILVC)
Course Dates: February 3, 2021 (Virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $225 CDN per person (Virtual classroom), $245 CDN per person (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses.
This course is designed for those users ready to move on to the next level and use fields, one of the most advanced features in Microsoft Word. Students will use Word’s fields to enter information automatically and display variable results. Shortcuts will be used to insert, show, hide and update fields. Word Fields will be used in forms to enter data and in templates to prompt users to fill in data. Various other types of fields will also be used in documents for document information, dates, times and sequential numbering. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word Intermediate / Advanced or Microsoft Word: Styles, Templates and Tables of Contents or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held online in virtual classroom format or in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Time).
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Inserting, showing and hiding fields
- Inserting and manipulating fields using different strategies
- Using the Insert Field dialog
- Showing and hiding field codes
- Setting field properties
- Examining the parts of a field code
- Options for specific fields
- Creating running headers/footers that display headings and subheadings automatically
- Updating fields in different ways
- Updating fields automatically when printing
- Preventing fields from updating
Inserting and Updating Date and Time Fields
- Inserting and updating date fields
- Inserting and updating time fields
Formatting Fields Using Switches
- Changing the formatting of date, time and number fields using switches
- Codes used in different types of switches
Numbering Paragraphs and Pages Using Fields
- Displaying page numbering using different fields
- Numbering using the SEQ field
- Numbering field codes
Creating Document Summaries Using Fields
- Inserting fields with document information such as the document title and author
- Creating custom fields to enter information
Working with Interactive Fields
- Understanding interactive fields
- Using Fill-in fields
- Activating interactive fields
- Inserting an Ask field
- Activating fields automatically
Designing Fillable Forms
- Creating a digital form including text boxes, drop-down lists and check boxes
- Adding a calculated field on a form
- Formatting and protecting a form
- Saving a form as a template
- Completing and saving a form with data
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2021 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can create labels in Microsoft Word by running a mail merge. This is typically used to generate and print bulk mailing labels for names and addresses of clients or other contacts. You’ll need to create a main document for the labels in Word and then connect to a data set or list in an Excel worksheet.
You can change the format of a date field in a Microsoft Word mail merge document using switches in field codes. Date fields can be formatted using switches. A date switch is a field code that changes the format of a date field.
You can show or hide paragraph marks and other formatting symbols (such as tabs, spaces and soft returns) in your Microsoft Word documents using the Ribbon or a keyboard shortcut.
You may also like
You can compress video (and / or audio) media in a PowerPoint presentation to reduce file size. Since video and audio that is inserted into a PowerPoint file is embedded by default, video and audio media can increase file size significantly.
You can quickly fill blank cells in a range of data in Excel with dashes, zeros or other number or text values. Blank cells can be problematic if you want to use a data set as the source for a pivot table.
You can insert several types of countdown timers in PowerPoint presentations. In this article, we’ll review the steps to create 3 types of timers in PowerPoint using shapes and animations.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com