Microsoft Word: Designing Dynamic Word Documents Using Fields
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day (9 am – 4 pm)
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods (Instructor-led): Live classroom (LC) | Virtual classroom (VC)
Course Dates: May 26, 2021 (Virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person + HST (Virtual classroom), $275 CDN per person + HST (Bring your own device for live classroom courses) or $325 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device for live classroom courses)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses.
This course is designed for those users ready to move on to the next level and use fields, one of the most advanced features in Microsoft Word. Students will use Word’s fields to enter information automatically and display variable results. Shortcuts will be used to insert, show, hide and update fields. Word Fields will be used in forms to enter data and in templates to prompt users to fill in data. Various other types of fields will also be used in documents for document information, dates, times and sequential numbering. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word Intermediate / Advanced or Microsoft Word: Styles, Templates and Tables of Contents or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held online in virtual classroom format or in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Time).
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Inserting, showing and hiding fields
- Inserting and manipulating fields using different strategies
- Using the Insert Field dialog
- Showing and hiding field codes
- Setting field properties
- Examining the parts of a field code
- Options for specific fields
- Creating running headers/footers that display headings and subheadings automatically
- Updating fields in different ways
- Updating fields automatically when printing
- Preventing fields from updating
Inserting and Updating Date and Time Fields
- Inserting and updating date fields
- Inserting and updating time fields
Formatting Fields Using Switches
- Changing the formatting of date, time and number fields using switches
- Codes used in different types of switches
Numbering Paragraphs and Pages Using Fields
- Displaying page numbering using different fields
- Numbering using the SEQ field
- Numbering field codes
Creating Document Summaries Using Fields
- Inserting fields with document information such as the document title and author
- Creating custom fields to enter information
Working with Interactive Fields
- Understanding interactive fields
- Using Fill-in fields
- Activating interactive fields
- Inserting an Ask field
- Activating fields automatically
Designing Fillable Forms
- Creating a digital form including text boxes, drop-down lists and check boxes
- Adding a calculated field on a form
- Formatting and protecting a form
- Saving a form as a template
- Completing and saving a form with data
*Prices subject to change.
Our instructor-led courses are delivered in virtual classroom format or at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada (some live classroom courses may also be delivered at an alternate downtown Toronto location). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to arrange custom training on a date that's convenient for you.
Copyright 2021 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can keep text together in several ways in Word. If you want to keep words or characters together, you can use nonbreaking spaces or nonbreaking hyphens or dashes and insert them using a dialog box or a keyboard shortcut. If you want to keep lines or paragraphs together on the same page, you can apply settings in the Paragraph dialog box (which can be built into styles if you use styles).
You can insert the does not equal sign (not equal to sign) in a Word document using Insert Symbol, a keyboard shortcut, an AutoCorrect entry or an Alt shortcut.
If you want to find and replace text or numbers in Word, you can use wildcards if you are not able to find an exact match. To use advanced find and replace techniques in Word, you will need to expand the Find and Replace dialog box.
You may also like
During a PowerPoint slide show, you can change your mouse into a laser pointer to focus attention on a specific area on your slide. You can show or hide the built-in laser pointer using keyboard shortcuts or by using the context menu.
You can add audio in PowerPoint from a file on your PC or from a shared drive. Audio is played during a slide show and you can insert music, sound clips, or voice recordings. Since audio files are copied into PowerPoint presentations by default, they can increase file size and may need to be compressed. To play audio, your computer must be equipped with a sound card and speakers.
Check out these three easy ways to copy shape, picture or text formatting quickly and easily in PowerPoint using buttons or keyboard shortcuts.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com