Microsoft Excel: Core Functions (Part 1)
Microsoft Excel Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 1/2 day (3 hours)
Microsoft® Excel® Versions: 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 2021 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods (Instructor-led): In-person (Live classroom) | Virtual classroom
Course Fee: Contact us for custom training rates
Timing: 9 am – 12 pm or 1 pm – 4 pm
Virtual classroom courses: Our instructor-led virtual classroom courses are delivered in a virtual classroom environment. Students will be sent a virtual classroom invitation prior to the course.
In-person classroom courses: Our instructor-led, live classroom (in-person) courses may be arranged at your location or ours.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led virtual classroom or in-person solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
This Microsoft Excel course is designed for users who want to learn core functions and concepts in Excel. Students will learn shortcuts to enter common functions as well as Excel key concepts and then move on to powerful conditional functions and tools including IF, SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF, COUNTIFS and VLOOKUP. During this hands-on course, students will practice their skills and will have the opportunity to ask questions and interact with the instructor. Each student will also receive a full course manual with tips, tricks and shortcuts as well as sample and exercise files.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Excel: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Next course in this series: Microsoft Excel: Core Functions (Part 2)
Related training: View all Microsoft Excel courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files (new samples added frequently)
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working Effectively in the Microsoft Excel Environment
- Adding buttons to customize the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
- Controlling key Excel options
- Navigating and selecting cells using keyboard shortcuts
- Automating formatting using themes
Mastering Key Excel Concepts
- Creating formulas using absolute, relative and mixed referencing
- Naming cells and cell ranges
- Using names in formulas
- Editing named cells and ranges using the Name Manager
Tips and Techniques for Entering Common Excel Functions
- Using different strategies to quickly enter core Excel functions including SUM, AVERAGE, MIN and MAX
- Counting cells containing numeric or text values
- Inserting the current static date or dynamic date
- Extracting date information from cells containing dates using core date functions
- Using keyboard shortcuts to insert and display formulas
- Combining text strings in a formula
Using IF Functions to Display Conditional Results
- Using the powerful IF function to output conditional results
- Creating nested IF statements
- Creating formulas using SUMIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIF and COUNTIFS
Using the VLOOKUP Function to Perform a Lookup
- Using the VLOOKUP function to look up data vertically in a list or database
- Performing an exact and non-exact lookup
- Benefits of using a dynamic source
- Dealing with VLOOKUP errors
*Prices subject to change.
Our instructor-led courses are delivered in virtual classroom format or at our downtown Toronto location at 18 King Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, Canada (some in-person classroom courses may also be delivered at an alternate downtown Toronto location). Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to arrange custom instructor-led virtual classroom or onsite training on a date that's convenient for you.
Copyright 2023 Avantix® Learning
Register now for a public scheduled course or contact us at email@example.com for more information about any of our courses or to discuss custom training options (virtual classroom or live classroom).
You may like
Turn Off or Customize Error Checking Options (and Markers) in Excel by Avantix Learning Team | Updated September 15, 2023 Applies to: Microsoft® Excel® 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) In Microsoft Excel, errors are flagged by default with a small green...
Save Time in Microsoft Excel using Shortcuts to Zoom In or Out by Avantix Learning Team | Updated September 14, 2023 Applies to: Microsoft® Excel® 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) There are several mouse and keyboard shortcuts you can use to zoom in and out in...
4 Ways to Use Flash Fill in Excel to Extract, Combine, Clean or Format Data by Avantix Learning Team | Updated September 15, 2023 Applies to: Microsoft® Excel® 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 or 365 (Windows) You can use Flash Fill in Excel to extract, combine, clean or format...
You may also like
Freeze One or More Rows in an Excel Worksheet by Avantix Learning Team | Updated October 25, 2023 Applies to: Microsoft® Excel® 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) You can freeze one or more rows in an Excel worksheet using the Freeze Panes command. If you...
Show or Hide Gridlines in Excel Worksheets (+ Shortcuts) by Avantix Learning Team | Updated October 15, 2023 Applies to: Microsoft® Excel® 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) You can remove or hide gridlines in Excel worksheets to simplify worksheet design. By...
Insert Multiple Columns Quickly in an Excel Worksheet by Avantix Learning Team | Updated September 15, 2023 Applies to: Microsoft® Excel® 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) You can quickly insert multiple columns in Excel using a drop-down menu, keyboard...
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning |18 King Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5C 1C4 | Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org