Microsoft Access: Introduction
Microsoft Access Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day (9 am – 4 pm)
Microsoft® Access® Versions: 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods (Instructor-led): Live classroom (LC) | Virtual classroom (VC)
Course Dates: March 3, 2021 (Virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person + HST (Virtual classroom), $275 CDN per person + HST (Bring your own device – for live classroom courses only) or $325 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device – for live classroom courses only)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Public scheduled courses are delivered as live classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). All courses are instructor-led.
During this hands-on beginners course, students will learn to create and edit Microsoft Access databases with tables, queries, forms and reports. First, tables will be designed with various types of fields and properties including fields with text, numbers, dates and other types of data. Students will learn to create drop-down menus and then use the menus in tables and forms. Queries will be created including select, delete and update queries to extract, change, delete or even calculate data with basic calculated fields. Simple relationships between tables will be set to use in other Access objects. Students will also design and run basic forms and reports which can then be exported to Excel or PDF (portable document format). Each student will receive a full course manual including tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Excel: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held online in virtual classroom format or in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Time).
Related training: View all Microsoft Access courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft Access Environment
- Creating and saving a new database
- Working with the Ribbon
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar and adding buttons
- Creating database objects including tables, queries, forms and reports
- Displaying objects using the Navigation pane
- Designing tables with different data types including text, number, date and hyperlink
- Specifying properties for fields
- Creating drop-down menus in fields
- Entering and editing records in Datasheet View
- Saving a table
- Navigating between Design and Datasheet Views
Designing Data Entry Forms
- Creating a simple form based on a table for user entry
- Moving between Form View and Design View
- Formatting a form in Design View
- Working with bound and unbound controls
- Setting properties for controls and objects
- Understanding control layouts and removing controls from control layouts
- Saving forms
Setting up a Simple Relationship
- Creating a relationship between tables based on a key field
- Understanding and using referential integrity
- Using related fields in different database objects
Creating Select Queries to Extract Records
- Creating select queries and working in Design View
- Using wildcards and operators as criteria
- Running a query in different ways
- Saving a query
Creating Simple Calculations in Queries
- Creating a query with basic calculations
Designing and Running Reports
- Creating and running a report in Microsoft Access
- Grouping data in a report using the Report Wizard
- Moving between different views in a report
- Formatting a report in different ways
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1800 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2021 Avantix® Learning
Overview, Features and Benefits
Want to learn more about what you can do with Microsoft Access? Check out our resource Microsoft Access: Overview, Features and Benefits.
Register now for a public scheduled course or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about any of our courses or to discuss custom training options (virtual classroom or live classroom).
You may like
You can highlight values in fields or records in Microsoft Access reports using conditional formatting. Certain conditions must be met in order for the formatting to be applied …
You can create calculated fields in select queries in Microsoft Access in the QBE (Query by Example) grid. You’ll need to learn a few syntax rules and then you can create simple to more complex calculations.
You may also like
You can show or hide white space at the top and bottom of pages in Microsoft Word documents. If you hide white space, you won’t be able to see headers or footers in Print Layout View or the gray space that typically appears at the top and bottom of pages as you scroll through your document.
If you are a PowerPoint 365 (Microsoft 365) subscriber, you should now have options to insert stock images, online pictures and pictures from a device in the Insert Pictures drop-down menu …
If you’re looking for beautiful free images for your PowerPoint presentations, there are plenty of great stock photo sites that offer images at no charge. Here’s our list of the top 10 sites where you can get great images for free to use in your decks.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com