Microsoft Access: Introduction
Microsoft Access Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Access® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC)
Course Dates: May 11, 2020 (Virtual) | View schedule
Virtual Classroom: Avantix Learning courses are available in a virtual classroom format. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Course Fee: $225 CDN per person + HST (virtual), $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated).
During this hands-on beginners course, students will learn to create and edit Microsoft Access databases with tables, queries, forms and reports. First, tables will be designed with various types of fields and properties including fields with text, numbers, dates and other types of data. Students will learn to create drop-down menus and then use the menus in tables and forms. Queries will be created including select, delete and update queries to extract, change, delete or even calculate data with basic calculated fields. Simple relationships between tables will be set to use in other Access objects. Students will also design and run basic forms and reports which can then be exported to Excel or PDF (portable document format). Each student will receive a full course manual including tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Excel: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Access courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft Access Environment
- Creating and saving a new database
- Working with the Ribbon
- Using the Quick Access Toolbar and adding buttons
- Creating database objects including tables, queries, forms and reports
- Displaying objects using the Navigation pane
- Designing tables with different data types including text, number, date and hyperlink
- Specifying properties for fields
- Creating drop-down menus in fields
- Entering and editing records in Datasheet View
- Saving a table
- Navigating between Design and Datasheet Views
Designing Data Entry Forms
- Creating a simple form based on a table for user entry
- Moving between Form View and Design View
- Formatting a form in Design View
- Working with bound and unbound controls
- Setting properties for controls and objects
- Understanding control layouts and removing controls from control layouts
- Saving forms
Setting up a Simple Relationship
- Creating a relationship between tables based on a key field
- Understanding and using referential integrity
- Using related fields in different database objects
Creating Select Queries to Extract Records
- Creating select queries and working in Design View
- Using wildcards and operators as criteria
- Running a query in different ways
- Saving a query
Creating Simple Calculations in Queries
- Creating a query with basic calculations
Designing and Running Reports
- Creating and running a report in Microsoft Access
- Grouping data in a report using the Report Wizard
- Moving between different views in a report
- Formatting a report in different ways
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1800 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can highlight values in fields or records in Microsoft Access reports using conditional formatting. Certain conditions must be met in order for the formatting to be applied …
You can create calculated fields in select queries in Microsoft Access in the QBE (Query by Example) grid. You’ll need to learn a few syntax rules and then you can create simple to more complex calculations.
Check out these great shortcuts for manipulating controls in Design View in both forms and reports in Microsoft Access.
You may also like
You can create, use and edit templates in Microsoft Word for frequently used documents such as letters, reports, proposals and manuals. Templates include basic character, paragraph and page formatting and may include text, custom styles, tables, images, macros, sections, headers and footers.
You can change the formatting of a table border or the borders of multiple table cells in PowerPoint by changing the line style, thickness (weight) or color. Different borders can be applied to cells in the same table. For example, you could apply a thick line to header cells and a thin line to the cells in the last row of a table.
A pivot table can be deleted in an Excel workbook in several ways. You can delete a pivot table, convert a pivot table to values or clear data and customizations from a pivot table to reset it. When a pivot table is created from source data in a workbook,
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org