Microsoft PowerPoint: Introduction
PowerPoint Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day (9 am – 4 pm)
Microsoft® PowerPoint® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Instructor-led virtual classroom (ILVC)
Upcoming Course Dates: January 22, 2021 (Virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $225 CDN per person + HST (Virtual classrooml), $245 CDN per person + HST (Bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses.
This hands-on course is designed for those new to PowerPoint who want to create professional-looking presentations. Students will learn to use the different PowerPoint views to create presentations using various themes, slide layouts and formatting strategies. Graphics and photos will be imported and manipulated to add interest. Students will also add drawing objects and charts to slides and will apply animations and transitions. Preparing and previewing a presentation will be included as well as running a slide show. During this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Each student will also receive a full course manual.
Prerequisite: Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held online in virtual classroom format or in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Time).
Related training: View all Microsoft PowerPoint courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Practice and exercise files
- Sample templates
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft PowerPoint Environment
- Working with the Ribbon
- Adding buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating between different views in PowerPoint
- Creating slides with different slide layouts
- Entering content in the outline
- Navigating using different methods and in different views
- Selecting text using keyboard shortcuts
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating and Editing a Presentation
- Creating a new presentation using an overall theme
- Changing the font theme and color theme
- Editing a presentation in different views
- Saving a presentation
Formatting a Presentation
- Changing themes to quickly change formatting
- Applying different types of character formatting to text
- Making global changes to font, size and bullets by editing the slider master or layouts
Working with Images
- Inserting images on slides, masters or layouts
- Resizing an image in different ways
- Applying different types of formatting to pictures
- Tips and tricks for working with pictures
Drawing and Formatting Shapes
- Inserting shapes such as rectangles, ovals and other pre-defined shapes
- Resizing a shape using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts
- Applying fills and outlines to shapes
- Using tricks to quickly format and copy shapes
Inserting Simple Charts
- Inserting a bar or column chart
- Formatting a chart using the Ribbon or task pane
- Changing the chart’s data sheet
Applying Animations and Transitions
- Applying entrance animations to images or text
- Adding transition effects between slides in a slide show
Running a Slide Show
- Running a slide show that includes animations and transitions
- Using keyboard shortcuts to navigate in a slide show
- Exiting a slide show
REGISTER for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information regarding different versions? Check out our PowerPoint versions overview.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2021 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can compress video (and / or audio) media in a PowerPoint presentation to reduce file size. Since video and audio that is inserted into a PowerPoint file is embedded by default, video and audio media can increase file size significantly.
You can insert several types of countdown timers in PowerPoint presentations. In this article, we’ll review the steps to create 3 types of timers in PowerPoint using shapes and animations.
You can combine entrance and exit animations in PowerPoint to make an object appear and disappear on a slide during a slide show. This can occur automatically or on click. An object is typically a shape, image, text placeholder or text box.
You may also like
You can create labels in Microsoft Word by running a mail merge. This is typically used to generate and print bulk mailing labels for names and addresses of clients or other contacts. You’ll need to create a main document for the labels in Word and then connect to a data set or list in an Excel worksheet.
You can change the format of a date field in a Microsoft Word mail merge document using switches in field codes. Date fields can be formatted using switches. A date switch is a field code that changes the format of a date field.
You can quickly fill blank cells in a range of data in Excel with dashes, zeros or other number or text values. Blank cells can be problematic if you want to use a data set as the source for a pivot table.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org