Microsoft PowerPoint: Upgrading to PowerPoint 2016
PowerPoint Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® PowerPoint® Version: 2016
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: July 18, 2018 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
Learn great new features in Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 during this hands on training course. Work with new commands, apps and add-ins to get the most out of PowerPoint. Students use new design, animation and transition tools as well as create screen captures using the exciting new screencasting tool. This course will also focus on sharing presentations as well as collaborating in various ways in 2016.
Prerequisite: Intermediate / Advanced PowerPoint 2007 or 2010 or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft PowerPoint courses
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 Environment
- Changes in the Ribbon in PowerPoint 2016
- Overview of new commands and features in 2016
- Adding commands to the Ribbon and creating new tabs
- Using new themes, variations and templates
- Aligning objects with Smart Guides
- Merging shapes
- Colour matching with the eyedropper tool
Animations and Transitions
- Overview of new animation and transition effects
- Transitioning with cinematic motion using Morph (365 only)
Using PowerPoint’s Designer
- Using design recommendations with PowerPoint’s new Designer (365 only)
New Chart Templates
- Creating charts using new chart templates including Treemap, Waterfall, Pareto, Histogram, Box and Whisker and Sunburst
Creating Widescreen Presentations
- Converting older presentations to widescreen
- Making use of widescreen themes and templates
Using Enhanced Presenter Tools
- Setting up Presenter View with multiple output devices
- Viewing notes and slides in Presenter View
- New features in Presenter View
- Zooming in on a portion of slide
- Going to a specific slide during a presentation
Working with Audio and Video in PowerPoint 2016
- New multimedia formats that are supported in 2016
- Using the Play in Background feature
- Converting a PowerPoint presentation to video
- Creating a screencast or screen recording in PowerPoint
Creating and Sharing Presentations
- Sharing presentations in different ways
- Recording your screen using PowerPoint 2016’s new screencasting functionality
- Annotating audio
- Recording audio or video speaker notes
- Analytics for audience views of uploaded presentations
On-line Meetings with PowerPoint
- Sharing PowerPoint presentations on the Web
- Sending out links to slides
- Starting and managing a Lync meeting using the Office Presentation Service
Collaborating on Presentations
- Working with staff together on the same presentation with different devices
- Using the comments pane to provide feedback to others
- Showing and hiding comments and revisions
Managing Presentation Files
- Saving PowerPoint presentations as Portable Document Format (PDF) documents
- Storing presentations on cloud-based services such as OneDrive
Other Apps and Add-ins
- Apps and add-ins in 2016
- Inserting quizzes
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can use these useful PowerPoint keyboard shortcuts when you are running a slide show to play, pause, restart and control videos during a slide show.
You can insert a video into a PowerPoint presentation from a file on your PC or from a shared server. In 2010 and later versions, video files are embedded or copied into PowerPoint by default so video files can increase file size significantly.
You can import or convert a PowerPoint presentation in PPTX format to Google Slides format in several ways. Google Slides will try to convert a PowerPoint presentation to compatible objects, tools and fonts but these programs do have differences so don’t expect a perfect conversion.
You can change the formatting of a table border or the borders of multiple table cells in PowerPoint by changing the line style, thickness (weight) or color. Different borders can be applied to cells in the same table. For example, you could apply a thick line to header cells and a thin line to the cells in the last row of a table.
You may also like
You can keep words or characters (numbers or letters) together in Microsoft Word using nonbreaking spaces or hyphens. You can also turn off automatic hyphenation if Word is inserting hyphens in a word you don’t want to break across lines.
In Microsoft Word, you can insert a cross-reference to content in another part of your Word document and then update it if the target of the cross-reference changes. A cross-reference can refer to a heading, bookmark, the caption of a table or figure as well as other target items.
You can insert an em or en dash in a Microsoft Word document using the Insert Symbol command or by using keyboard shortcuts.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com