Microsoft Word: Upgrading to Word 2013
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Version: 2013
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: August 4, 2017 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
During this hands-on course, students will use exciting new features available in Microsoft Word 2013. Changes in the Ribbon, new commands and locations, apps and add-ins will be introduced as well as customizing the Quick Access toolbar and the Ribbon. Students will use the new design tools including theme variations and other new tools. PDF files will be inserted and edited and students will share documents in different ways in Word 2013. Participants will insert video and use online collaboration tools.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Intermediate / Advanced 2007 or 2010 or equivalent knowledge
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Word 2013 Environment
- Overview of the Ribbon in 2013 and the Quick Access Toolbar
- New locations of commands and new commands and features in 2013
- Creating new documents using new templates
- Customizing the Ribbon and the Quick Access toolbar
- Reading documents using the new Reading Mode
- Resume reading where you left off
- Expanding and collapsing parts of a document
Improved Design Tools
- Apply new theme variations
- Work with Smart Guides to align objects
- Use the new Format Picture task pane to format pictures and objects quickly and easily
- Use the new eyedropper tool for colour matching
- Use the improved graphics search capabilities
- Different ways of sharing Word documents over the Web
- Sending out links to files
- Using cloud-based services such as OneDrive
- Working with staff together on the same document through desktop computers or online
- Giving feedback to others
- Using the Simple Markup View where tracked changes have been made
- Replying to comments and marking them as done
Working with Portable Document Format (PDF) Files
- Saving Word documents as Portable Document Format (PDF) documents
- Inserting PDF documents into Microsoft Word
- Editing PDF documents
- Limitations of editing PDF documents
Work with Video
- Insert video in a Word document
Apps and Add-ins
- Apps and add-ins in 2013
- Availability depending on versions
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Are you using a different version? Check out our Word version overviews for other versions of Microsoft Word.
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
You may like
You can insert or type o with an accent mark in Word using built-in tools or keyboard shortcuts (including Alt code shortcuts). The letter o can be inserted with an accent in both upper or lower case. The following are common accents in upper or lower case – Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, ò, ó, ô, õ or ö.
Microsoft Word automatically tracks statistics about your documents. These statistics appear in Word Properties and include the file name, directory, template, author, editing time, last print date and the user who last modified the document.
If you insert tables frequently in Word, you may want to create a table template to save time. Keep in mind that tables are affected by themes, styles and table styles so if the table template you insert seems to change formatting, the current document may contain different formatting from the original document when the table template was saved. A table template is saved as a building block and will appear in Quick Tables.
You may also enjoy
You can insert the euro sign or symbol (€) in a Google Docs file using built-in commands or keyboard shortcuts (including Alt code or Substitutions shortcuts).
You can insert the euro sign or symbol (€) in a PowerPoint presentation using built-in PowerPoint commands or keyboard shortcuts (Alt code or AutoCorrect shortcuts).
It's easy to lock and protect cells in Microsoft Excel to prevent users from changing data or formulas. This involves a two-step process …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org