Adobe Acrobat DC / Pro: Introduction
Adobe Acrobat Pro | Level 1
Duration: 1 day (9 am – 4 pm)
Software Versions: DC
Delivery Methods (Instructor-led): In-person | Virtual classroom
Course Dates: March 13, 2023 (Virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST (Virtual classroom), $345 CDN per person + HST (Bring your own device for live classroom courses) or $395 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device for live classroom courses)*
Virtual classroom courses: Our instructor-led virtual classroom courses are delivered in a virtual classroom environment. Students will be sent a virtual classroom invitation prior to the course.
In-person classroom courses: Our instructor-led, live classroom (in-person) courses are held in downtown Toronto at 18 King Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Some courses are also held at an alternate downtown Toronto location.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses. You must have Acrobat Pro (not Acrobat Reader) installed prior to this course.
This course will introduce students to Adobe Acrobat DC (Pro) to create and edit PDF (Portable Document Format) documents from single files or multiple files. Students will review the tools in Acrobat Pro and then set up documents to save or export as PDF files. Bookmarks and hyperlinks will be created and used for navigating and the redaction feature will be used to remove sensitive content. At the end of the day, students will add protection to a PDF using passwords and specific tools within Acrobat.
Prerequisite: Comfortable using Microsoft Word or another word processing program.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual or published book
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Overview of the work area
- Using Acrobat toolbars
- Adding tools to the QuickTools toolbar
- Showing and hiding various panels in Acrobat
- Setting preferences
- Setting properties including language
Viewing a PDF Document
- Opening a PDF file
- Moving from page to page and between views
- Zooming in and out using different strategies
- Selecting a page layout
- Searching for text
- Using reading mode
- Using bookmarks
- Configuring the display of PDFs in browsers
Creating PDFs in Microsoft Office Applications
- Installing the PDF Maker in Microsoft applications (if necessary)
- Reviewing PDF Maker settings in Microsoft Office applications
- Creating PDFs in Microsoft Office applications
Creating PDFs in Adobe Applications
- Overview of the PDF Maker in Adobe applications
- Review of the settings in Adobe applications
- Creating PDFs from within Adobe Acrobat
- Converting and combining different types of files into a single PDF
- Converting web pages into PDF documents
Editing PDFs within Acrobat
- Inserting and removing pages
- Rearranging pages
- Rotating pages
- Renumbering pages
- Adding and editing bookmarks
- Adding and removing comments
- Touching up text
- Adding or changing an image
- Adding headers and footers
- Adding a background
- Adding a watermark
- Creating articles
- Adding bookmarks
- Creating links
- Modifying existing links
- Creating articles
- Set up password protection
- Restrict file access and types of reader activities
- Search and remove text
- Use the redaction feature to remove sensitive content
- Mark text for redaction
- Use the redaction feature with images
- Apply redaction permanently
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2023 Avantix® Learning
You may like
Insert the Euro Sign or Symbol in PowerPoint Presentations (with Shortcuts) by Avantix Learning Team | Updated July 4, 2022 Applies to: Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) You can insert the euro sign or symbol (€) in a PowerPoint...
Display the Quick Access Toolbar and Change Its Position by Avantix Learning Team | Updated April 9, 2022 Applies to: Microsoft® Excel® 2021 and 365 (Windows) In 2021 and 365 versions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint, you now have the ability to hide or unhide the Quick...
Insert the Square Root Symbol in PowerPoint Presentations by Avantix Learning Team | Updated April 2, 2022 Applies to: Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) You can insert or type the square root symbol in PowerPoint presentations using...
Reorder Objects in PowerPoint Using Bring to Front, Send to Back, Bring Forward or Send Backward by Avantix Learning Team | Updated January 1, 2022 Applies to: Microsoft® PowerPoint® 2013, 2016, 2019, 2021 and 365 (Windows) You can reorder objects on a PowerPoint...
You may also like
You can insert the euro sign or symbol (€) in a Google Docs file using built-in commands or keyboard shortcuts (including Alt code or Substitutions shortcuts).
You can insert or type a check mark or tick mark symbol in a Google Slides presentation in several ways. Check marks can be inserted using Insert special characters or you can create a Substitutions shortcut. Check marks can be inserted in text placeholders or text boxes or as images that can be placed anywhere on a slide.
You can achieve some interesting effects by cropping an image into a shape in Google Slides. However, if you want to crop an image into a circle, you'll need to use a few tricks.