Adobe InDesign: Introduction
Adobe InDesign | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Software Version: CC
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: TBA | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $395 CDN person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
This hands-on course will introduce students to Adobe InDesign, one of the most popular page layout programs today. Students will learn to use frames to insert and manipulate text and graphics for flyers, brochures, newsletters and books. Text will be imported and formatted in linked and unlinked frames. Students will import and resize graphics and will wrap text around graphics in frames. In order to automate formatting, paragraph and character styles will also be applied. Sample InDesign documents will be set up with masters including guides, headers, footers and logos.
Prerequisite: Comfortable working with a word processing program such as Microsoft Word
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at email@example.com or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Review the parts of the InDesign window
- Set user preferences for measurement units
- Use the Tool Panel and other Panels
- Display different panels and create a custom workspace
- Use the Pages panel for navigating quickly
- Zoom in and zoom out using keyboard shortcuts
- View documents as one page or side by side
- Set guides or use automatic guides
- Create new documents from scratch or use a document preset for repetitive settings
Work with Frames
- Create text frames for text
- Create graphic frames for images
- Resize and manipulate frames
- Apply strokes and fills to frames
- Specify text frame options
Apply Text Formatting
- Apply character formatting using the Character panel, menus or keyboard shortcuts
- Apply paragraph formatting such as indents and spacing using the Paragraph panel, menus or keyboard shortcuts
- Insert special characters
- Create bulleted lists
Work with Text in Linked Text Frames
- Import text from another program such as Microsoft Word
- Link text frames
- Unlink text frames
- Create a “Continued on and from” setting
- Create multiple columns in a text frame
Insert and Manipulate Graphics
- Insert graphics into a graphic frame
- Resize a graphic using AutoFit settings or manual resizing
- Manage linked graphics using the Links panel
- Understand in-line vs floating graphics
- Specify wrap options around graphics
- Draw objects using the various drawing tools
- Arrange objects by aligning, distributing or grouping
Work with Colour
- Apply pre-defined colour to text and frames
- Use stroke and fill settings
- Use masters to place headers and footers on each page with automatic numbering
- Set guides on masters
- Use logos or images on masters
- Move between the master view and document view
- Learn the basics of automating formatting using styles
- Create and edit paragraph and character styles
Print or Save a File in a Different Format
- Basic print settings
- Create a Portable Document Format (PDF) file
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2021 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can set up a PowerPoint slide show lo loop or replay automatically. A looping presentation can be used at events, trade shows or even in a reception area in an office. The easiest way to set up a slide show to loop is to apply automatic transitions and then configure Slide Show settings.
How to Insert or Type the Delta Symbol in Word (Δ)
You can insert or type the degree symbol in Google Docs files using the menu or by using keyboard shortcuts. The degree symbol or sign is automatically entered in superscript. Degree is used in temperature scales including Celsius and Fahrenheit and well as in math or scientific calculations.
You can insert the square root or radical symbol (√) in a Word document using built-in Word commands or keyboard shortcuts.
You may also like
Here are 5 different ways to quickly convert numbers stored as text to numbers in a Microsoft Excel worksheet. You can use a Smart Tag, Paste Special or …
You can use conditional formatting in Excel to highlight cells containing dates before today or within a date range before the current date. In a worksheet, you can use conditional formatting to highlight selected cells by filling them with a color based on rules or conditions. This type of formatting is helpful if you want to highlight past due dates such as invoices that are 30, 60 or 90 days overdue.
You can quickly replace blank cells in Excel with zeros, dashes or other number or text values (0, -, N/A, Null or other text). It’s useful to fill blank cells with a number, symbol or value if you want to use the data set as the source for a pivot table or use other data analysis tools.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org