Microsoft Word: Creating Dynamic Documents
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2007 | 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: TBA | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
In this instructor-led Microsoft Word course, students focus on using Word's powerful fields to enter information automatically and display variable results.Templates with Ask and Fill-in fields will be created which will prompt users to enter information. Other dynamic elements including bookmarks and hyperlinks will also be added to documents to allow users to navigate effectively in their documents. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word Intermediate / Advanced or Microsoft Word: Styles, Templates and Tables of Contents or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Automating Microsoft Word using Fields
- Inserting and manipulating Word's fields manually or by using a dialog box
- Working with the Insert Field dialog box
- Showing and hiding field codes
- Examining field codes
- Updating fields using keyboard shortcuts or buttons
- Displaying summary information including documents titles using fields
- Using fields codes in headers and/or footers for numbering
Examining Different Types of Fields
- Working with fields for different types of numbering
- Using field switches
- Using calculations in fields
- Working with document information fields
- Extracting titles in running headers and footers in fields
- Entering conditional results with fields
Creating Dynamic Templates with Fields
- Saving a template that includes styles and fields
- Creating a new documents using templates
- Inserting fields that ask users to enter information
Working with Bookmarks
- Adding bookmarks to Word documents
- Naming conventions for bookmarks
- Navigating with bookmarks
- Displaying bookmarks
- Deleting bookmarks
- Inserting hyperlinks
- Using keyboard shortcuts with hyperlinks
- Navigating with hyperlinks
- Editing hyperlinks
- Deleting hyperlinks
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Copyright 2018 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2023 Avantix® Learning
You can insert or type o with an accent mark in Word using built-in tools or keyboard shortcuts (including Alt code shortcuts). The letter o can be inserted with an accent in both upper or lower case. The following are common accents in upper or lower case – Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, ò, ó, ô, õ or ö.
Microsoft Word automatically tracks statistics about your documents. These statistics appear in Word Properties and include the file name, directory, template, author, editing time, last print date and the user who last modified the document.
You may also like
You can insert the euro sign or symbol (€) in a Google Docs file using built-in commands or keyboard shortcuts (including Alt code or Substitutions shortcuts).
You can insert the euro sign or symbol (€) in a PowerPoint presentation using built-in PowerPoint commands or keyboard shortcuts (Alt code or AutoCorrect shortcuts).
It's easy to lock and protect cells in Microsoft Excel to prevent users from changing data or formulas. This involves a two-step process …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org