Microsoft Publisher: Introduction
Microsoft Publisher Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Publisher® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: June 23, 2017 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
In this hands-on course, students will use Microsoft Publisher to create different types of publications including flyers, newsletters and brochures. Text and picture frames will be created to hold text and graphics in a publication. Various types of formatting will then be applied to text, images and drawing objects. Students will import text from Microsoft Word and then link and unlink text frames across pages. In order to eliminate repetitive entry and formatting, students will also use styles and master pages. Customized publications will be created and merged to files or to generate emails to multiple contacts. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual or published book
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Publisher Environment
- Working with the Ribbon and the various Publisher settings
- Viewing and selecting templates
- Specifying font and colour themes
- Setting up personal or business information sets
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating a Publication
- Creating a new blank publication
- Changing the font and colour theme or scheme
- Ensuring the Ruler is displayed
- Setting and removing ruler and layout guides
Working with Text
- Creating text boxes and entering text into text boxes
- Formatting text using fonts, font size and different type styles
- Changing spacing including leading, kerning and tracking
- Applying paragraph formatting including indents and tabs
- Importing text into text boxes
- Linking and unlinking text boxes
- Creating multiple columns
- Rotating text
Working with Images and Shapes
- Inserting shapes
- Formatting shapes
- Resizing and moving shapes
- Inserting pictures
- Resizing, moving, formatting and cropping pictures
- Rotating images and shapes
- Wrapping text around images and shapes
- Changing stacking order
Creating, Editing and Applying Master Pages
- Viewing master pages
- Setting up guides, text and logos on master pages to appear on publication pages
- Viewing publication pages
- Applying masters to specific pages
Working with Tables
- Inserting tables into a publication
- Entering data into tables
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns
- Applying borders, fills and other formatting
Direct Mail and Email Marketing with Publisher
- Creating custom publications for specific clients using the mail merge tool
- Creating custom emails to multiple contacts by merging to email for a marketing campaign
Register Now for a public course in our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Updated April 21, 2017.
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
You may like
You can compress video (and / or audio) media in a PowerPoint presentation to reduce file size. Since video and audio that is inserted into a PowerPoint file is embedded by default, video and audio media can increase file size significantly.
You can quickly fill blank cells in a range of data in Excel with dashes, zeros or other number or text values. Blank cells can be problematic if you want to use a data set as the source for a pivot table.
You can insert several types of countdown timers in PowerPoint presentations. In this article, we’ll review the steps to create 3 types of timers in PowerPoint using shapes and animations.
You may also like
You can remove comments in Word by right-clicking, using the Review tab in the Ribbon or using the Inspector. The problem with comments is that they may be hidden if markup is not displayed. It’s a good idea to display markup and then remove comments.
You can change or fix the format of a number field in a Microsoft Word mail merge document using switches in field codes. Number formatting issues tend to occur when the source document for the mail merge is an Excel workbook or Access database.
You can create labels in Microsoft Word by running a mail merge. This is typically used to generate and print bulk mailing labels for names and addresses of clients or other contacts. You’ll need to create a main document for the labels in Word and then connect to a data set or list in an Excel worksheet.