Microsoft Publisher: Introduction
Microsoft Publisher Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Publisher® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: June 23, 2017 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
In this hands-on course, students will use Microsoft Publisher to create different types of publications including flyers, newsletters and brochures. Text and picture frames will be created to hold text and graphics in a publication. Various types of formatting will then be applied to text, images and drawing objects. Students will import text from Microsoft Word and then link and unlink text frames across pages. In order to eliminate repetitive entry and formatting, students will also use styles and master pages. Customized publications will be created and merged to files or to generate emails to multiple contacts. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual or published book
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Publisher Environment
- Working with the Ribbon and the various Publisher settings
- Viewing and selecting templates
- Specifying font and colour themes
- Setting up personal or business information sets
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating a Publication
- Creating a new blank publication
- Changing the font and colour theme or scheme
- Ensuring the Ruler is displayed
- Setting and removing ruler and layout guides
Working with Text
- Creating text boxes and entering text into text boxes
- Formatting text using fonts, font size and different type styles
- Changing spacing including leading, kerning and tracking
- Applying paragraph formatting including indents and tabs
- Importing text into text boxes
- Linking and unlinking text boxes
- Creating multiple columns
- Rotating text
Working with Images and Shapes
- Inserting shapes
- Formatting shapes
- Resizing and moving shapes
- Inserting pictures
- Resizing, moving, formatting and cropping pictures
- Rotating images and shapes
- Wrapping text around images and shapes
- Changing stacking order
Creating, Editing and Applying Master Pages
- Viewing master pages
- Setting up guides, text and logos on master pages to appear on publication pages
- Viewing publication pages
- Applying masters to specific pages
Working with Tables
- Inserting tables into a publication
- Entering data into tables
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns
- Applying borders, fills and other formatting
Direct Mail and Email Marketing with Publisher
- Creating custom publications for specific clients using the mail merge tool
- Creating custom emails to multiple contacts by merging to email for a marketing campaign
Register Now for a public course in our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Updated April 21, 2017.
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Register now for a public scheduled course or contact us to discuss custom training options..
Microsoft Word: Intermediate/Advanced
Microsoft Word: Designing Accessible Word Documents
Microsoft Excel: Intermediate/Advanced
Microsoft PowerPoint: Intermediate/Advanced
You may like
Excel XLOOKUP Function (Overview, Syntax + Formula Examples)
The XLOOKUP function is a replacement for Excel's traditional VLOOKUP function (as well as HLOOKUP and INDEX / MATCH functions). It has a new set of arguments and is available in Excel 2021 and 365. It allows you to look up a value from an array in a range or table and return one or more results. One of the primary benefits of XLOOKUP is that it can look up from columns to the left in a data set and return a range.
3 Ways to Insert or Type the Euro Symbol in PowerPoint (€)
You can insert the euro sign or symbol (€) in a PowerPoint presentation using built-in PowerPoint commands or keyboard shortcuts (Alt code or AutoCorrect shortcuts).
How to Lock Cells in Excel (3 Ways)
It's easy to lock and protect cells in Microsoft Excel to prevent users from changing data or formulas. This involves a two-step process …
You may also like
How to View Document Statistics in Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word automatically tracks statistics about your documents. These statistics appear in Word Properties and include the file name, directory, template, author, editing time, last print date and the user who last modified the document.
How to Center Text Vertically on a Page in Word
You can center text vertically on a page in Word using the Page Setup dialog box. The strategies to center text are different if the document is a single section or multi-section document. As a best practice, you should NOT use extra blank returns or paragraphs to center text vertically on a page. If you want to center align text horizontally, simply select the text and then click any of the Alignment commands in the Paragraph group on the Home tab in the Ribbon.
How to Insert or Type O with an Accent Mark in Word (Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, ò, ó, ô, õ or ö)
You can insert or type o with an accent mark in Word using built-in tools or keyboard shortcuts (including Alt code shortcuts). The letter o can be inserted with an accent in both upper or lower case. The following are common accents in upper or lower case – Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, ò, ó, ô, õ or ö.