About Avantix Learning Courses
Instructor-led Classroom Courses
Avantix Learning offers instructor-led live classroom (LC) and virtual classroom (VC) courses allowing personal interaction between the students and the instructor.
We specialize in small classes, typically ranging from 6 to 12 students to ensure an optimal student to instructor ratio.
Live Classroom Courses
Live classroom courses are offered in person in downtown Toronto at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Some courses may also be offered at an alternate downtown Toronto location.
Virtual Classroom Courses
Virtual classroom courses are also instructor-led and simulate the live classroom environment. Students will follow along with the instructor and complete practice exercises. In these interactive training sessions, students are encouraged to ask questions at any time via audio or chat.
Our top-notch instructors have years of experience in the business world and students are encouraged to ask questions during our courses. Avantix Learning senior instructors have 15 or more years of experience. A complete profile of the instructor leading a specific course is available on request.
Included in Our Courses
Our live and virtual classroom courses include:
- Sample and exercise files
- A course manual with keyboard shortcuts to take away for review
- Refreshments (for courses conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion on request
- Follow-up email support
Courses run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Time with a one hour break for lunch and a 15 minute break in the morning and in the afternoon.
10 Benefits of Instructor-led Training
Although there are advantages to various delivery methods, instructor-led training offers some key benefits:
- Personal interaction between the student and instructor as well with other students fosters an engaging learning environment.
- Course material is constantly evolving and new examples are added in a continuous quality improvement process.
- Students practice their skills in class and the instructor is available to answer questions.
- Instructors can adapt to different learning styles and student requirements.
- Live instructors can provide valuable insight and real-world examples.
- Dialog between the instructor and students can result in other useful information being discussed or a concept being clarified.
- Classrooms provide a social environment where students may network with other students with similar requirements.
- New and unique courses can be developed quickly which may be difficult with other delivery methods requiring a more time-consuming development process.
- Because students are engaged in the learning process, completion rate of instructor-led courses is 10 to 20 percent higher than that of eLearning courses (according to a California State University report).
- Students are able to focus on the training by getting away from the distractions of the office (for live classroom courses).
Courses can be customized and delivered on-site as instructor-led or virtual courses. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding custom solutions and savings for groups.
Avantix Learning also offers design and development of custom eLearning solutions for our clients.
You may like
If you want to align text or objects in PowerPoint, you may want to use keyboard shortcuts for alignment. Although there are built-in keyboard shortcuts to align text in placeholders or text boxes, you will need to do some customizing to create simple keyboard shortcuts to align objects.
If you have PowerPoint 2019 or 365, you can use the Morph transition to create more engaging presentations by adding seamless movement to objects. Morph can move the location of an object from one slide to the next during a slide show. Because it’s a transition, not an animation, you’ll need to create two slides to morph an object. You can apply the Morph transition not only to create movement but also to change size or formatting of text, shapes, pictures, SmartArt, WordArt and charts.
You may also like
Slicers are a great tool in Excel to filter tables or pivot tables. You can lock the position of a slicer in an Excel worksheet using a two-step process. First, select the slicer or slicers and Disable resizing and moving in the Format Slicer task pane (and choose other options based on your preferences). Second, protect the sheet using the Review tab in the Ribbon. There are a few important options you’ll need to select to get this to work.
If you are working in Gantt Chart view, you can use these keyboard shortcuts to quickly move and select in your task list.
In Microsoft Excel, when you enter data or a formula, it appears in the Formula Bar. If you are writing longer formulas, it can be helpful to expand the Formula Bar.
In Microsoft Word, you can save lots of time if you can quickly select characters, words, lines, paragraphs and blocks of text in your documents. You can use keyboard shortcuts or mouse shortcuts to select text.
You can enter Greek letters or symbols (such as Gamma, Omega, Pi, Sigma or Theta) in Microsoft Word documents in several ways. In this article, we’ll look at different ways to insert Greek symbols.
You can keep text together in several ways in Word. If you want to keep words or characters together, you can use nonbreaking spaces or nonbreaking hyphens or dashes and insert them using a dialog box or a keyboard shortcut. If you want to keep lines or paragraphs together on the same page, you can apply settings in the Paragraph dialog box (which can be built into styles if you use styles).