About Avantix Learning Courses
Instructor-led Classroom Courses
Avantix Learning offers instructor-led live classroom (LC) and virtual classroom (VC) courses allowing personal interaction between the students and the instructor.
We specialize in small classes, typically ranging from 6 to 12 students to ensure an optimal student to instructor ratio.
Live Classroom Courses
Live classroom courses are offered in person in downtown Toronto at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Some courses may also be offered at an alternate downtown Toronto location.
Virtual Classroom Courses
Virtual classroom courses are also instructor-led and simulate the live classroom environment. Students will follow along with the instructor and complete practice exercises. In these interactive training sessions, students are encouraged to ask questions at any time via audio or chat.
Our top-notch instructors have years of experience in the business world and students are encouraged to ask questions during our courses. Avantix Learning senior instructors have 15 or more years of experience. A complete profile of the instructor leading a specific course is available on request.
Included in Our Courses
Our live and virtual classroom courses include:
- Sample and exercise files
- A course manual with keyboard shortcuts to take away for review
- Refreshments (for courses conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion on request
- Follow-up email support
Courses run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Time with a one hour break for lunch and a 15 minute break in the morning and in the afternoon.
10 Benefits of Instructor-led Training
Although there are advantages to various delivery methods, instructor-led training offers some key benefits:
- Personal interaction between the student and instructor as well with other students fosters an engaging learning environment.
- Course material is constantly evolving and new examples are added in a continuous quality improvement process.
- Students practice their skills in class and the instructor is available to answer questions.
- Instructors can adapt to different learning styles and student requirements.
- Live instructors can provide valuable insight and real-world examples.
- Dialog between the instructor and students can result in other useful information being discussed or a concept being clarified.
- Classrooms provide a social environment where students may network with other students with similar requirements.
- New and unique courses can be developed quickly which may be difficult with other delivery methods requiring a more time-consuming development process.
- Because students are engaged in the learning process, completion rate of instructor-led courses is 10 to 20 percent higher than that of eLearning courses (according to a California State University report).
- Students are able to focus on the training by getting away from the distractions of the office (for live classroom courses).
Courses can be customized and delivered on-site as instructor-led or virtual courses. Contact us at email@example.com for more information regarding custom solutions and savings for groups.
Avantix Learning also offers design and development of custom eLearning solutions for our clients.
You may like
PowerPoint Designer displays a Design Ideas task pane by default in PowerPoint 365 if Intelligent Services has been enabled. However, if you want to turn off the Design Ideas task pane, there are a few ways to disable the Designer feature depending on your needs.
If you want to align text or objects in PowerPoint, you may want to use keyboard shortcuts for alignment. Although there are built-in keyboard shortcuts to align text in placeholders or text boxes, you will need to do some customizing to create simple keyboard shortcuts to align objects.
You may also like
You can apply strikethrough to text or values in Excel to cross out or create a line through a cell or part of a cell. There are 3 common ways to apply strikethrough in your Excel worksheets – using a built-in keyboard shortcut, using the Font dialog box, or by adding a command to the Quick Access Toolbar.
Slicers are a great tool in Excel to filter tables or pivot tables. You can lock the position of a slicer in an Excel worksheet using a two-step process. First, select the slicer or slicers and Disable resizing and moving in the Format Slicer task pane (and choose other options based on your preferences). Second, protect the sheet using the Review tab in the Ribbon. There are a few important options you’ll need to select to get this to work.
If you are working in Gantt Chart view, you can use these keyboard shortcuts to quickly move and select in your task list.
In Microsoft Excel, when you enter data or a formula, it appears in the Formula Bar. If you are writing longer formulas, it can be helpful to expand the Formula Bar.
In Microsoft Word, you can save lots of time if you can quickly select characters, words, lines, paragraphs and blocks of text in your documents. You can use keyboard shortcuts or mouse shortcuts to select text.
You can enter Greek letters or symbols (such as Gamma, Omega, Pi, Sigma or Theta) in Microsoft Word documents in several ways. In this article, we’ll look at different ways to insert Greek symbols.