Train the Trainer: Essential Skills for Teaching Adults
Business Skills Series | Level 1
Duration: 2 days
Delivery Method: Instructor-led classroom (ILC)
Course Dates: April 24/25, 2019 | View schedule
Course Fee: $595 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $545 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
In today’s business world, subject matter experts often transition to become trainers with little or no background in training. Our train the trainer course is designed for the novice trainer who needs to develop core competencies to be able to deliver effective instructor-led classroom training sessions for adult learners in a business setting. Students will learn about adult learning principles and review various instructional design models. The instructor will focus on helping the students develop strategies to deliver engaging and meaningful training sessions. Educational technology tools will be explored including social media tools.
Prerequisite: Basic computer skills
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files (new samples added frequently)
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Examine the factors involved in successful teaching
- Focus on creating a safe and accountable learning environment
- Identify instructional skills and tactics that can be used in training
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their training needs
- Identify different learning styles
- Review adult learning principles
- Identify tools, strategies and models used in instructional design
- Create lesson plans including objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met
- Determine what types of training aids may be used and the benefits of each
- Reflect on the role technology is playing in the learning environment
- Include reflective practice as a teacher or facilitator
- Course objectives
- Student and teacher introductions
Adult Learning Principles
- Considerations when teaching adults
- Factors that affect adult learning
- Learning styles
- Instructional design models
- Performing a needs analysis
- Planning a lesson
- Defining objectives
- Choosing delivery methods
- Determining evaluation methods
- Key factors that make a training session successful
- Common characteristics of successful trainers
- Creating a participant’s agreement
- Mental sets
- Teaching using collaborative techniques
- Checking for understanding
- Managing the classroom
- Dealing with difficult students
Engaging and Motivating Adult Learners
- Key student engagement strategies
- Using icebreakers
- Gamification vs gaming
- Thinking on your feet
- Communication skills
- Body language
- Overcoming nervousness
- Using PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Students in the 21st century
- Advantages of using technology
- Challenges when using technology
- Social networking
- Social learning
- Bring your own device (BYOD) challenges
- Job aids
- Follow-up sessions
- Extra practice
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change
Copyright 2018 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can add notes or speaker notes in your PowerPoint files using the Notes pane in Normal view. Notes may be viewed by a presenter during a presentation and may be printed as well. When you create your PowerPoint slides, you can add, edit and format notes.
You can troubleshoot issues with slide numbers in PowerPoint where slide numbers are not showing using several techniques …
You can add slide numbers in PowerPoint to some or all of your slides using slide layouts. If your slide layouts contain slide number placeholders, you can then apply those layouts to your slides so that your slide numbers will display in Normal view …
In PowerPoint, you can temporarily turn off or disable the snap to grid behaviour or turn off snap to grid permanently. Check out these 3 easy ways to control snap to grid.
You may also like
You can easily change the measurement system units in Microsoft Word for all of your documents. If you’d prefer to work in inches rather than centimeters (or vice versa), simply change the measurement system in Word’s Options.
Check out these Word tips, tricks and shortcuts to select an entire table, a single cell, an entire row or column or even multiple rows or columns in tables.
You can add or remove page breaks in Microsoft Word in a number of ways. You can delete manual page breaks one by one or delete all manual page breaks …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com