Train the Trainer: Essential Skills for Teaching Adults
Business Skills Series | Level 1
Duration: 2 days (9 am – 4 pm)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC)
Course Dates: October 22/23, 2020 (Virtual) | View schedule
Virtual Classroom: Avantix Learning courses are available in virtual classroom format. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Course Fee: $545 CDN person person (virtual classroom), $595 CDN per person (bring your own device) or $695 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to classroom courses only.
In today’s business world, subject matter experts often transition to become trainers with little or no background in training. Our train the trainer course is designed for the novice trainer who needs to develop core competencies to be able to deliver effective instructor-led classroom training sessions for adult learners in a business setting. Students will learn about adult learning principles and review various instructional design models. The instructor will focus on helping the students develop strategies to deliver engaging and meaningful training sessions. Educational technology tools will be explored including social media tools.
Prerequisite: Basic computer skills
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files (new samples added frequently)
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Examine the factors involved in successful teaching
- Focus on creating a safe and accountable learning environment
- Identify instructional skills and tactics that can be used in training
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants and their training needs
- Identify different learning styles
- Review adult learning principles
- Identify tools, strategies and models used in instructional design
- Create lesson plans including objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met
- Determine what types of training aids may be used and the benefits of each
- Reflect on the role technology is playing in the learning environment
- Include reflective practice as a teacher or facilitator
- Course objectives
- Student and teacher introductions
Adult Learning Principles
- Considerations when teaching adults
- Factors that affect adult learning
- Learning styles
- Instructional design models
- Performing a needs analysis
- Planning a lesson
- Defining objectives
- Choosing delivery methods
- Determining evaluation methods
- Key factors that make a training session successful
- Common characteristics of successful trainers
- Creating a participant’s agreement
- Mental sets
- Teaching using collaborative techniques
- Checking for understanding
- Managing the classroom
- Dealing with difficult students
Engaging and Motivating Adult Learners
- Key student engagement strategies
- Using icebreakers
- Gamification vs gaming
- Thinking on your feet
- Communication skills
- Body language
- Overcoming nervousness
- Using PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Advantages of using technology
- Challenges when using technology
- Social networking
- Social learning
Delivering in the Virtual Classroom
- Setting up a virtual classroom course
- Tips for delivering in the virtual classroom
- Engagement strategies
- Job aids
- Follow-up sessions
- Extra practice
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can combine entrance and exit animations in PowerPoint to make an object appear and disappear on a slide during a slide show. This can occur automatically or on click. An object is typically a shape, image, text placeholder or text box.
You can create PowerPoint presentations with countdown timer slides or you can download free PowerPoint timer slides. Timers can be for minutes or seconds.
You can embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint presentation and run it during a slide show. Essentially, you are linking to the YouTube video using this method but it will play seamlessly in PowerPoint.
You can use these useful PowerPoint keyboard shortcuts when you are running a slide show to play, pause, restart and control videos during a slide show.
You may also like
You can show and hide comments using the Review tab in the Ribbon in Microsoft Word. If you add comments in a Word document, they will appear in a markup area on the right side of pages by default. If you want to show or hide comments, you’ll need to control the display of markup.
You can easily remove extra hard returns in Microsoft Word using Find and Replace. In order to view and delete hard returns, you should display paragraph marks or symbols. In Word …
You can remove section breaks in Microsoft Word in a few different ways. In order to delete section breaks, you’ll need to display paragraph marks or symbols.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com