Microsoft Word: Upgrading to Word 2013
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Version: 2013
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: August 4, 2017 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
During this hands-on course, students will use exciting new features available in Microsoft Word 2013. Changes in the Ribbon, new commands and locations, apps and add-ins will be introduced as well as customizing the Quick Access toolbar and the Ribbon. Students will use the new design tools including theme variations and other new tools. PDF files will be inserted and edited and students will share documents in different ways in Word 2013. Participants will insert video and use online collaboration tools.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Intermediate / Advanced 2007 or 2010 or equivalent knowledge
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Word 2013 Environment
- Overview of the Ribbon in 2013 and the Quick Access Toolbar
- New locations of commands and new commands and features in 2013
- Creating new documents using new templates
- Customizing the Ribbon and the Quick Access toolbar
- Reading documents using the new Reading Mode
- Resume reading where you left off
- Expanding and collapsing parts of a document
Improved Design Tools
- Apply new theme variations
- Work with Smart Guides to align objects
- Use the new Format Picture task pane to format pictures and objects quickly and easily
- Use the new eyedropper tool for colour matching
- Use the improved graphics search capabilities
- Different ways of sharing Word documents over the Web
- Sending out links to files
- Using cloud-based services such as OneDrive
- Working with staff together on the same document through desktop computers or online
- Giving feedback to others
- Using the Simple Markup View where tracked changes have been made
- Replying to comments and marking them as done
Working with Portable Document Format (PDF) Files
- Saving Word documents as Portable Document Format (PDF) documents
- Inserting PDF documents into Microsoft Word
- Editing PDF documents
- Limitations of editing PDF documents
Work with Video
- Insert video in a Word document
Apps and Add-ins
- Apps and add-ins in 2013
- Availability depending on versions
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Are you using a different version? Check out our Word version overviews for other versions of Microsoft Word.
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
You may like
There are a few ways to keep a Microsoft Word row or table together on one page. The method you use depends on several factors including the size of the table.
You can insert hyperlinks in Microsoft Word documents to make it easy for users to click a link to jump to another location. It’s also simple to edit and remove hyperlinks …
You can easily change the measurement system units in Microsoft Word for all of your documents. If you’d prefer to work in inches rather than centimeters (or vice versa), simply change the measurement system in Word’s Options.
You may also enjoy
If you want to extract all images (or even just one or two) from a Microsoft PowerPoint deck to use in another presentation, there are a couple of ways to extract images …
You can use 3D references in Excel formulas to calculate across multiple worksheets that are structured in the same way. A 3D reference refers to the same cell or range of cells on multiple worksheets.
You can print PowerPoint speaker notes with or without slide thumbnails. Users can control the way notes pages are printed in three ways …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org