Microsoft Word: Upgrading to Word 2016
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Version: 2016
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: August 2, 2018 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
During this instructor-led course, learn to take advantage of the powerful new features in Microsoft Word 2016. New features, commands and locations will be explored and students will customize the Ribbon and Quick Access toolbar. Participants will use the various improved design tools when working with images and drawing objects and use other new tools. PDF files will be inserted and edited and students will share documents in different ways in Word 2016. Students will also insert video and try some of the apps and add-ins available for Word 2016.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Intermediate / Advanced 2007 or 2010 or equivalent knowledge
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft Word 2016 Environment
- Overview of the Ribbon in 2016
- Changes in the Backstage View
- Working with different versions of a file and viewing the improved version history
- Templates available in 2016
- Customizing the Ribbon and the Quick Access toolbar in 2016
- Applying new window themes
- Getting to features or Help using Tell Me
- Accessing insights using Smart Lookup
Reading Documents in Reading Mode
- Reading documents using the new Reading Mode
- Resuming reading at a specific point
- Collapsing and expanding a document
Applying Formatting with Themes
- Applying new theme variations
- New locations of theme commands
Formatting Images and Drawing Objects
- Working with Smart Guides to align objects
- Using new preset shape formatting
- Formatting images and objects using the task pane instead of a dialog box
- Picking up and copying colours using the eyedropper tool
- Searching for images
Inserting and Editing Ink Equations
- Inserting complex equations in a Word document
- Erasing, selecting and correcting equations
- Overview of options for sharing Word documents
- Sending out links to files
- Using OneDrive
- Working with staff together on the same document in real time
- Providing feedback
- Tracking changes
- Replying to comments and marking them as complete
- Collaborating using Skype
Inserting and Editing Portable Document Format (PDF) Files
- Saving Word documents as Portable Document Format (PDF) files
- Importing and editing PDF documents in Microsoft Word
- Limitations of editing PDFs
- Inserting video in a Word file
Apps and Add-ins
- Apps and add-ins in 2016
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Are you using a different version? Check out our Word version overviews for other versions of Microsoft Word.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can insert lines in Microsoft Word by drawing lines or by using borders. In this article, we’ll teach your how to insert or delete lines created with paragraph borders.
There are a few ways to keep a Microsoft Word row or table together on one page. The method you use depends on several factors including the size of the table …
You can insert hyperlinks in Microsoft Word documents to make it easy for users to click a link to jump to another location. It’s also simple to edit and remove hyperlinks …
You may also like
You can use keyboard shortcuts to increase or decrease decimal places. Press Alt to access the Ribbon …
You can easily show or hide formulas in a number of ways in Microsoft Excel. You can use a keyboard shortcut, click a button and even use a formula to show formulas …
You can achieve some interesting effects by cropping images to shapes in PowerPoint. However, if you want to crop an image to a circle, you’ll need to combine cropping options.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org