Microsoft Word: Creating Dynamic Documents
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2007 | 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: TBA | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
In this instructor-led Microsoft Word course, students focus on using Word’s powerful fields to enter information automatically and display variable results.Templates with Ask and Fill-in fields will be created which will prompt users to enter information. Other dynamic elements including bookmarks and hyperlinks will also be added to documents to allow users to navigate effectively in their documents. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word Intermediate / Advanced or Microsoft Word: Styles, Templates and Tables of Contents or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Automating Microsoft Word using Fields
- Inserting and manipulating Word’s fields manually or by using a dialog box
- Working with the Insert Field dialog box
- Showing and hiding field codes
- Examining field codes
- Updating fields using keyboard shortcuts or buttons
- Displaying summary information including documents titles using fields
- Using fields codes in headers and/or footers for numbering
Examining Different Types of Fields
- Working with fields for different types of numbering
- Using field switches
- Using calculations in fields
- Working with document information fields
- Extracting titles in running headers and footers in fields
- Entering conditional results with fields
Creating Dynamic Templates with Fields
- Saving a template that includes styles and fields
- Creating a new documents using templates
- Inserting fields that ask users to enter information
Working with Bookmarks
- Adding bookmarks to Word documents
- Naming conventions for bookmarks
- Navigating with bookmarks
- Displaying bookmarks
- Deleting bookmarks
- Inserting hyperlinks
- Using keyboard shortcuts with hyperlinks
- Navigating with hyperlinks
- Editing hyperlinks
- Deleting hyperlinks
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Copyright 2018 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning
You can insert a watermark in the background of one or more pages in a Microsoft Word document. Common watermarks are text such as DRAFT or CONFIDENTIAL but you can also add a picture watermark.
You can create hanging or first line indents in Microsoft Word using the Ruler, the Paragraph dialog box or a keyboard shortcut.
You may also like
In Google Docs, you can save lots of time if you can quickly select characters, words, lines, paragraphs and blocks of text in your documents. You can use keyboard shortcuts or mouse shortcuts to select text. Keep in mind that a paragraph is anything with a hard return after it (you have pressed Return or Enter).
You can apply superscript to text, numbers or special characters in Google Docs using the Format menu or a keyboard shortct. If you apply superscript, the selected letter, number or symbol will be raised slightly above the line of text and sized to a smaller size.
You can apply strikethrough to text in Google Docs to cross out or create a line through text. This can be effective to show that something has been removed or deleted. Although you can use Strikethrough using the Format menu, you can also use Strikethrough keyboard shortcuts.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org