Microsoft Word: Creating Dynamic Documents
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2007 | 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: TBA | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
In this instructor-led Microsoft Word course, students focus on using Word’s powerful fields to enter information automatically and display variable results.Templates with Ask and Fill-in fields will be created which will prompt users to enter information. Other dynamic elements including bookmarks and hyperlinks will also be added to documents to allow users to navigate effectively in their documents. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word Intermediate / Advanced or Microsoft Word: Styles, Templates and Tables of Contents or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Automating Microsoft Word using Fields
- Inserting and manipulating Word’s fields manually or by using a dialog box
- Working with the Insert Field dialog box
- Showing and hiding field codes
- Examining field codes
- Updating fields using keyboard shortcuts or buttons
- Displaying summary information including documents titles using fields
- Using fields codes in headers and/or footers for numbering
Examining Different Types of Fields
- Working with fields for different types of numbering
- Using field switches
- Using calculations in fields
- Working with document information fields
- Extracting titles in running headers and footers in fields
- Entering conditional results with fields
Creating Dynamic Templates with Fields
- Saving a template that includes styles and fields
- Creating a new documents using templates
- Inserting fields that ask users to enter information
Working with Bookmarks
- Adding bookmarks to Word documents
- Naming conventions for bookmarks
- Navigating with bookmarks
- Displaying bookmarks
- Deleting bookmarks
- Inserting hyperlinks
- Using keyboard shortcuts with hyperlinks
- Navigating with hyperlinks
- Editing hyperlinks
- Deleting hyperlinks
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Copyright 2018 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
There are a few ways to keep a Microsoft Word row or table together on one page. The method you use depends on several factors including the size of the table.
You can insert hyperlinks in Microsoft Word documents to make it easy for users to click a link to jump to another location. It’s also simple to edit and remove hyperlinks …
You may also like
If you want to extract all images (or even just one or two) from a Microsoft PowerPoint deck to use in another presentation, there are a couple of ways to extract images …
You can use 3D references in Excel formulas to calculate across multiple worksheets that are structured in the same way. A 3D reference refers to the same cell or range of cells on multiple worksheets.
You can print PowerPoint speaker notes with or without slide thumbnails. Users can control the way notes pages are printed in three ways …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com