Microsoft Word: Introduction
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Instructor-led Virtual classroom (ILVC)
Course Dates: September 29, 2020 (Instructor-led virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $225 CDN (virtual classroom), $245 CDN per person (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses.
Learn key concepts in Microsoft Word to create, edit and format documents effectively. Students will learn to enter, edit, copy and paste text and apply both character and paragraph formatting. Important tools such as spell check and find/replace will be used as well as undo and redo. Documents will be set up with different margins, orientation and headers or footers and then previewed prior to printing.
Prerequisite: Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft Word Environment
- Working with the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating quickly in a document
- Selecting text using different keyboard shortcuts
- Entering and editing text
- Undoing and redoing actions
Using Cut, Copy and Paste
- Using various strategies to cut, copy and paste text
- Using Smart Tags
Character Formatting Basics
- Creating simple documents such as letters and reports and applying character formatting
- Using the Ribbon and the Font dialog box to apply character formatting
- Using keyboard shortcuts to format a document
Paragraph Formatting Basics
- Basic paragraph formatting concepts
- Indenting paragraphs
- Changing alignment and spacing of paragraphs
- Accessing Word’s Help feature to get help on any topic
Using Find and Replace
- Finding and replacing words quickly and easily
- Running the spell checker and adding words to the dictionary
Previewing and Printing
- Changing margins and orientation
- Adding headers and/or footers
- Inserting and removing manual page breaks
- Previewing the final result
Getting Started with Styles
- Applying built-in styles to automate formatting
- Modifying a style
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you have any other questions? Contact us!
If you are looking for more information regarding versions, check out our Microsoft Word version overview.
If you require this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can create hanging or first line indents in Microsoft Word using the Ruler, the Paragraph dialog box or a keyboard shortcut.
You can apply superscript or subscript formatting in Microsoft Word using buttons on the Ribbon, keyboard shortcuts or the Font dialog box.
You can convert a PDF (Portable Document Format) file to an editable Word document without using other programs. If you have Microsoft Word 2013 or a later version, you can open and convert PDF files with a couple of clicks.
You may also like
You can create PowerPoint presentations with countdown timer slides or you can download free PowerPoint timer slides. Timers can be for minutes or seconds.
You can embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint presentation and run it during a slide show. Essentially, you are linking to the YouTube video using this method but it will play seamlessly in PowerPoint.
You can delete blank rows in Microsoft Excel worksheets manually or you can use several tricks to delete multiple blank rows quickly. First, it’s essential that Excel users know how to select rows quickly using shortcuts or by using Excel commands such as Go to Special, Filter and Sort.