Microsoft Word: Introduction
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: January 31, 2019 | March 11, 2019 | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
Learn key concepts in Microsoft Word to create, edit and format documents effectively. Students will learn to enter, edit, copy and paste text and apply both character and paragraph formatting. Important tools such as spell check and find/replace will be used as well as undo and redo. Documents will be set up with different margins, orientation and headers or footers and then previewed prior to printing.
Prerequisite: Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Word Environment
- Working with the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating quickly in a document
- Selecting text using different keyboard shortcuts
- Entering and editing text
- Undoing and redoing actions
Cut, Copy and Paste
- Using various strategies to cut, copy and paste text
- Using Smart Tags
Character Formatting Basics
- Creating simple documents such as letters and reports and applying character formatting
- Using the Ribbon and the Font dialog box to apply character formatting
- Using keyboard shortcuts to format a document
Paragraph Formatting Basics
- Basic paragraph formatting concepts
- Indenting paragraphs
- Changing alignment and spacing of paragraphs
- Using tabs
- Accessing Word’s Help feature to get help on any topic
Using Find and Replace
- Finding and replacing words quickly and easily
- Running the spell checker and adding words to the dictionary
Previewing and Printing
- Changing margins and orientation
- Adding headers and/or footers
- Inserting and removing manual page breaks
- Previewing the final result
Getting Started with Styles
- Applying built-in styles to automate formatting
- Changing the style set
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you have any other questions? Contact us!
If you are looking for more information regarding versions, check out our Microsoft Word version overview.
If you require this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can easily change the measurement system units in Microsoft Word for all of your documents. If you’d prefer to work in inches rather than centimeters (or vice versa), simply change the measurement system in Word’s Options.
Check out these Word tips, tricks and shortcuts to select an entire table, a single cell, an entire row or column or even multiple rows or columns in tables.
Do you need to stay in Toronto? Check out these Toronto hotels:
Westin Harbour Castle
Fairmont Royal York
Toronto Marriott (Eaton Centre)
You may also like
You can print PowerPoint speaker notes with or without slide thumbnails. Users can control the way notes pages are printed in three ways …
As many Excel worksheets can become quite large, it can be useful to freeze row and column headings so that they are locked in place when you scroll through your worksheet. In Excel, you can freeze both row headings and column headings or just one.
You can add notes or speaker notes in your PowerPoint files using the Notes pane in Normal view. Notes may be viewed by a presenter during a presentation and may be printed as well. When you create your PowerPoint slides, you can add, edit and format notes.