Microsoft Word: Introduction
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: July 18, 2019 | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
Learn key concepts in Microsoft Word to create, edit and format documents effectively. Students will learn to enter, edit, copy and paste text and apply both character and paragraph formatting. Important tools such as spell check and find/replace will be used as well as undo and redo. Documents will be set up with different margins, orientation and headers or footers and then previewed prior to printing.
Prerequisite: Students should have basic keyboarding and computer skills.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Word Environment
- Working with the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating quickly in a document
- Selecting text using different keyboard shortcuts
- Entering and editing text
- Undoing and redoing actions
Cut, Copy and Paste
- Using various strategies to cut, copy and paste text
- Using Smart Tags
Character Formatting Basics
- Creating simple documents such as letters and reports and applying character formatting
- Using the Ribbon and the Font dialog box to apply character formatting
- Using keyboard shortcuts to format a document
Paragraph Formatting Basics
- Basic paragraph formatting concepts
- Indenting paragraphs
- Changing alignment and spacing of paragraphs
- Using tabs
- Accessing Word’s Help feature to get help on any topic
Using Find and Replace
- Finding and replacing words quickly and easily
- Running the spell checker and adding words to the dictionary
Previewing and Printing
- Changing margins and orientation
- Adding headers and/or footers
- Inserting and removing manual page breaks
- Previewing the final result
Getting Started with Styles
- Applying built-in styles to automate formatting
- Changing the style set
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you have any other questions? Contact us!
If you are looking for more information regarding versions, check out our Microsoft Word version overview.
If you require this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can insert lines in Microsoft Word by drawing lines or by using borders. In this article, we’ll teach your how to insert or delete lines created with paragraph borders.
There are a few ways to keep a Microsoft Word row or table together on one page. The method you use depends on several factors including the size of the table …
Do you need to stay in Toronto? Check out these Toronto hotels:
Westin Harbour Castle
Fairmont Royal York
Toronto Marriott (Eaton Centre)
You may also like
You can use keyboard shortcuts to increase or decrease decimal places. Press Alt to access the Ribbon …
You can easily show or hide formulas in a number of ways in Microsoft Excel. You can use a keyboard shortcut, click a button and even use a formula to show formulas …
You can achieve some interesting effects by cropping images to shapes in PowerPoint. However, if you want to crop an image to a circle, you’ll need to combine cropping options.