Microsoft Publisher: Introduction
Microsoft Publisher Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Publisher® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: June 23, 2017 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
In this hands-on course, students will use Microsoft Publisher to create different types of publications including flyers, newsletters and brochures. Text and picture frames will be created to hold text and graphics in a publication. Various types of formatting will then be applied to text, images and drawing objects. Students will import text from Microsoft Word and then link and unlink text frames across pages. In order to eliminate repetitive entry and formatting, students will also use styles and master pages. Customized publications will be created and merged to files or to generate emails to multiple contacts. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at email@example.com or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual or published book
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Publisher Environment
- Working with the Ribbon and the various Publisher settings
- Viewing and selecting templates
- Specifying font and colour themes
- Setting up personal or business information sets
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating a Publication
- Creating a new blank publication
- Changing the font and colour theme or scheme
- Ensuring the Ruler is displayed
- Setting and removing ruler and layout guides
Working with Text
- Creating text boxes and entering text into text boxes
- Formatting text using fonts, font size and different type styles
- Changing spacing including leading, kerning and tracking
- Applying paragraph formatting including indents and tabs
- Importing text into text boxes
- Linking and unlinking text boxes
- Creating multiple columns
- Rotating text
Working with Images and Shapes
- Inserting shapes
- Formatting shapes
- Resizing and moving shapes
- Inserting pictures
- Resizing, moving, formatting and cropping pictures
- Rotating images and shapes
- Wrapping text around images and shapes
- Changing stacking order
Creating, Editing and Applying Master Pages
- Viewing master pages
- Setting up guides, text and logos on master pages to appear on publication pages
- Viewing publication pages
- Applying masters to specific pages
Working with Tables
- Inserting tables into a publication
- Entering data into tables
- Inserting and deleting rows and columns
- Applying borders, fills and other formatting
Direct Mail and Email Marketing with Publisher
- Creating custom publications for specific clients using the mail merge tool
- Creating custom emails to multiple contacts by merging to email for a marketing campaign
Register Now for a public course in our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Updated April 21, 2017.
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
You may like
You can easily add links or hyperlinks in PowerPoint presentations to add interactivity and make it easy for users to click a button or link to jump to another slide in your deck, to another presentation, to an Excel file or to a web site.
To remove blanks in pivot tables, you can set pivot table options to display data in empty cells, filter to remove blanks, apply conditional formatting, find and replace blanks or change pivot table design settings …
You can insert nonbreaking spaces and nonbreaking dashes or hyphens in PowerPoint to keep characters together on one line …
You may also like
In Microsoft Word, images can be extracted one by one or you can extract all images by converting a Word document to a zip file or saving it as a web page. Extracting all images is helpful if you’d like to find pictures that are inflated in size.
In Microsoft Word, you can save lots of time if you can move around quickly in your documents. You can use keyboard shortcuts to jump to the beginning or end of your document and move up or down by page or paragraph.
You can update Microsoft Word fields manually or automatically. For fields you update manually, you can update just one field or update all the fields in your document at once.