Microsoft Project: Intermediate / Advanced
Microsoft Project Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 2 days
Microsoft® Project® Desktop Versions: 2013 | 2016 | 2019 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: March 19/20, 2020 | View schedule
Course Fee: $545 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $645 CDN person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
During this hands-on course, students will work with recurring and split tasks, manage and update tasks and apply calendars to tasks. Custom calendars, tables, views, filters, fields and reports will also be created and applied to projects. Students will create master projects and insert subprojects into a master project as well as link projects. At the end of the course, a network diagram and timeline will also be created. Throughout this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Project: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Project courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual or published book
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Managing the Project Environment
- Customizing the Quick Access Toolbar
- Essential keyboard shortcuts
- Setting key options
Working with Tasks
- Linking and unlinking tasks in different ways
- Adding recurring tasks
- Splitting tasks
- Using the Task Inspector to deal with issues
- Adding a calendar for a task
- Viewing and managing the critical path
Creating and Applying Filters
- Applying autofilters
- Clearing autofilters
- Using custom filters with autofiltering
- Creating advanced filters
- Copying advanced filters between projects
Working with Calendars
- Creating custom base calendars
- Copying calendars between projects
- Assigning a calendar to a task
Creating Custom Tables
- Creating custom tables
- Applying a custom table to a view
- Resetting default tables
- Copying custom tables between projects
- Deleting custom tables
Creating Custom Views
- Creating custom views
- Applying custom views
- Copying custom views between projects
Creating Custom Fields
- Creating custom fields for text
- Using lookup tables
- Creating custom fields with formulas
- Displaying custom fields in a table
- Copying fields between projects
- Labour costs associated with work resources
- Material costs
- Cost resource costs
- Applying resource costs in different ways
- Entering fixed costs
- Viewing costs in tables
Dealing with Resource Overallocations
- Running an overallocated resources report
- Causes of overallocations
- Using filtering to view overallocated resources
- Removing a resource from a task
- Changing dependencies
- Using the Inspector
- Applying levelling
- Saving a baseline to compare actuals vs planned results
- Marking tasks as complete in different ways
- Viewing the baseline on the Gantt Chart
- Other useful tables for tracking results
- Entering actual start, actual finish and actual durations
- Getting back on track
Displaying, Formatting and Sharing Timelines
- Displaying a timeline
- Adding tasks to a timeline
- Removing tasks from a timeline
- Viewing different parts of a plan using a timeline
- Formatting timelines
- Sharing timelines
- Previewing and printing built-in reports
- Creating custom reports
- Specifying page setup options
Managing Master and Subprojects
- Overview of master and subprojects
- Inserting a subproject in a master project
- Setting options
- Linking projects
- Managing links between projects
- Controlling dependency settings
Working with Network Diagrams
- Viewing a Network Diagram
- Using task nodes
- Working with paths
REGISTER for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
Zoom in, out and move using these great shortcuts in the Microsoft Project Gantt Chart timescale. The timescale in the Gantt Chart view appears on the right side and displays units of time.
In newer versions of Microsoft Project, you have the option of scheduling tasks using manual or auto scheduling. In earlier versions, Microsoft Project used auto scheduling which takes advantage of Project’s scheduling engine to schedule tasks.
Timelines are a great way to view key tasks and milestones in a project. You can add tasks to a timeline and then format it any way you’d like. Copy a timeline into an email or Word or PowerPoint file to present the timeline.
Tables are a core component of Microsoft Project. They appear in many views and display specific fields available in Project. The default tables that appear in the Tables drop-down menu on the View tab include …
With Visual Reports, you can export data to either Excel or Visio from Microsoft Project. You can access the Visual Reports button on the Report (2013 or 2016) or Project (2010) tab.
You may also like
In Microsoft Word, images can be extracted one by one or you can extract all images by converting a Word document to a zip file or saving it as a web page. Extracting all images is helpful if you’d like to find pictures that are inflated in size.
You can easily add links or hyperlinks in PowerPoint presentations to add interactivity and make it easy for users to click a button or link to jump to another slide in your deck, to another presentation, to an Excel file or to a web site.
To remove blanks in pivot tables, you can set pivot table options to display data in empty cells, filter to remove blanks, apply conditional formatting, find and replace blanks or change pivot table design settings …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com