Microsoft Project: Generating Reports [2013 or 2016]
Microsoft Project Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Project® Versions: 2013 | 2016
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: December 20, 2017 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $245 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
During this hands-on course, students will learn to create and run reports in Microsoft Project 2013 or 2016. Built-in reports will be generated and edited. Students will learn to change report data and appearance and reports will be copied to other programs and between projects. During this course, students will also create new custom reports and export data to Excel. The instructor will include numerous tips, trick and shortcuts throughout the course.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Project: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Project courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working with Reports
- Creating reports using the Reports tab on the Ribbon
- Starting from the Dashboard
- Adding buttons to the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Using built-in reports
- Setting the status date for reports
Changing Report Data
- Starting from a built-in report
- Selecting items in a report
- Using the Field List pane to filter items
- Changing Chart Elements and Chart Filters
Changing the Appearance of Reports
- Using black and white or full colour reports
- Changing the font, color, or theme of a report
- Adding charts and tables to a report
- Changing Chart Styles
- Adding images and shapes
- Creating split views so you can view reports as you change data
Creating Timeline Reports
- Creating timeline reports
- Adding and removing items from timelines
- Formatting timeline reports
Creating Custom Reports
- Creating new custom reports
- Starting from Blank, Chart, Table or Comparison types
- Building a custom report
- Saving custom reports
Printing and Sharing Reports
- Copying reports to other programs
- Sharing with Project Online
- Printing reports
Copying Reports between Projects
- Copying reports to other projects or to the global template
Reporting with Excel
- Exporting data to Excel
- Creating reports in Excel
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
Zoom in, out and move using these great shortcuts in the Microsoft Project Gantt Chart timescale. The timescale in the Gantt Chart view appears on the right side and displays units of time.
In newer versions of Microsoft Project, you have the option of scheduling tasks using manual or auto scheduling. In earlier versions, Microsoft Project used auto scheduling which takes advantage of Project’s scheduling engine to schedule tasks.
You may also like
In Microsoft Word, images can be extracted one by one or you can extract all images by converting a Word document to a zip file or saving it as a web page. Extracting all images is helpful if you’d like to find pictures that are inflated in size.
You can easily add links or hyperlinks in PowerPoint presentations to add interactivity and make it easy for users to click a button or link to jump to another slide in your deck, to another presentation, to an Excel file or to a web site.
To remove blanks in pivot tables, you can set pivot table options to display data in empty cells, filter to remove blanks, apply conditional formatting, find and replace blanks or change pivot table design settings …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org