Microsoft PowerPoint: Introduction
PowerPoint Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day (9 am to 4 pm)
Microsoft® PowerPoint® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Instructor-led virtual classroom (VC)
Upcoming Course Dates: July 16, 2020 (Virtual) | View schedule
Course Fee: $225 CDN per person + HST (virtual), $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses.
This hands-on course is designed for those new to PowerPoint who want to create professional-looking presentations. Students will learn to use the different PowerPoint views to create presentations using various themes, slide layouts and formatting strategies. Graphics and photos will be imported and manipulated to add interest. Students will also add drawing objects and charts to slides and will apply animations and transitions. Preparing and previewing a presentation will be included as well as running a slide show. During this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Each student will also receive a full course manual.
Prerequisite: Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Related training: View all Microsoft PowerPoint courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Practice and exercise files
- Sample templates
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft PowerPoint Environment
- Working with the Ribbon
- Adding buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating between different views in PowerPoint
- Creating slides with different slide layouts
- Entering content in the outline
- Navigating using different methods and in different views
- Selecting text using keyboard shortcuts
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating and Editing a Presentation
- Creating a new presentation using an overall theme
- Changing the font theme and color theme
- Editing a presentation in different views
- Saving a presentation
Formatting a Presentation
- Changing themes to quickly change formatting
- Applying different types of character formatting to text
- Making global changes to font, size and bullets by editing the slider master or layouts
Working with Images
- Inserting images on slides, masters or layouts
- Resizing an image in different ways
- Applying different types of formatting to pictures
- Tips and tricks for working with pictures
Drawing and Formatting Shapes
- Inserting shapes such as rectangles, ovals and other pre-defined shapes
- Resizing a shape using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts
- Applying fills and outlines to shapes
- Using tricks to quickly format and copy shapes
Inserting Simple Charts
- Inserting a bar or column chart
- Formatting a chart using the Ribbon or task pane
- Changing the chart’s data sheet
Applying Animations and Transitions
- Applying entrance animations to images or text
- Adding transition effects between slides in a slide show
Running a Slide Show
- Running a slide show that includes animations and transitions
- Using keyboard shortcuts to navigate in a slide show
- Exiting a slide show
REGISTER for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information regarding different versions? Check out our PowerPoint versions overview.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can change the formatting of a table border or the borders of multiple table cells in PowerPoint by changing the line style, thickness (weight) or color. Different borders can be applied to cells in the same table. For example, you could apply a thick line to header cells and a thin line to the cells in the last row of a table.
You can rotate objects in PowerPoint by dragging the rotation handle, entering an exact rotation amount or by using keyboard shortcuts. To rotate an object means to turn it around its center. Shapes, images and other objects can be rotated in Normal View or Slide Master View.
There are many strategies you can use to compress images in PowerPoint presentations to reduce file size. It’s common to use built-in compression features in PowerPoint to make large files smaller but you can also reduce image size before you insert pictures on your slides.
You may also like
You can create, save, use and edit templates in Microsoft Word for frequently used documents such as letters, reports, proposals and manuals. Templates include basic character, paragraph and page formatting and may include text, custom styles, tables, images, macros, sections, headers and footers.
A pivot table can be deleted in an Excel workbook in several ways. You can delete a pivot table, convert a pivot table to values or clear data and customizations from a pivot table to reset it. When a pivot table is created from source data in a workbook,
Depending on your country or region, Excel may display decimal points or dots instead of commas for larger numbers. The decimal point (.) or comma (,) is used as the group separator in different regions in the world. You can change commas to decimal points or dots or vice versa in your Excel workbook temporarily or permanently.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com