Microsoft PowerPoint: Introduction
PowerPoint Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day (9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
Microsoft® PowerPoint® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Upcoming Course Dates: January 29, 2020 | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
This hands-on course is designed for those new to PowerPoint who want to create professional-looking presentations. Students will learn to use the different PowerPoint views to create presentations using various themes, slide layouts and formatting strategies. Graphics and photos will be imported and manipulated to add interest. Students will also add drawing objects and charts to slides and will apply animations and transitions. Preparing and previewing a presentation will be included as well as running a slide show. During this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Each student will also receive a full course manual.
Prerequisite: Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft PowerPoint courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Practice and exercise files
- Sample templates
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft PowerPoint Environment
- Working with the Ribbon
- Adding buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating between different views in PowerPoint
- Creating slides with different slide layouts
- Entering content in the outline
- Navigating using different methods and in different views
- Selecting text using keyboard shortcuts
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating and Editing a Presentation
- Creating a new presentation using an overall theme
- Changing the font theme and color theme
- Editing a presentation in different views
- Saving a presentation
Formatting a Presentation
- Changing themes to quickly change formatting
- Applying different types of character formatting to text
- Making global changes to font, size and bullets by editing the slider master or layouts
Working with Images
- Inserting images on slides, masters or layouts
- Resizing an image in different ways
- Applying different types of formatting to pictures
- Tips and tricks for working with pictures
Drawing and Formatting Shapes
- Inserting shapes such as rectangles, ovals and other pre-defined shapes
- Resizing a shape using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts
- Applying fills and outlines to shapes
- Using tricks to quickly format and copy shapes
Inserting Simple Charts
- Inserting a bar or column chart
- Formatting a chart using the Ribbon or task pane
- Changing the chart’s data sheet
Applying Animations and Transitions
- Applying entrance animations to images or text
- Adding transition effects between slides in a slide show
Running a Slide Show
- Running a slide show that includes animations and transitions
- Using keyboard shortcuts to navigate in a slide show
- Exiting a slide show
REGISTER for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information regarding different versions? Check out our PowerPoint versions overview.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can insert nonbreaking spaces and nonbreaking dashes or hyphens in PowerPoint to keep characters together on one line …
You can change slide size or aspect ratio in Microsoft PowerPoint from widescreen to standard or vice versa. Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) is the default in 2013 and later versions of PowerPoint and standard (4:3 aspect ratio) is the default in 2010 and earlier versions.
You can achieve some interesting effects in your PowerPoint presentations by applying a blur effect to a picture. Blur is an artistic effect and you can increase the blur using the Format Picture task pane or dialog box …
You may also like
You can insert built-in or custom fields in Word documents to display variable content that will change when you update the fields. If you want to insert custom fields, you will need to create custom document properties …
You can quickly remove all page breaks in a Microsoft Word file using Find and Replace. The following method will delete all manual page breaks created using the Breaks command or by pressing Ctrl + Enter …
You can create a mail merge in Microsoft Word to generate form letters. You’ll need to create a main document or letter in Microsoft Word and then connect to a data set of names and addresses. You can then merge to a new document or printer.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org