Microsoft PowerPoint: Introduction
PowerPoint Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® PowerPoint® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Instructor-led virtual classroom (ILVC)
Upcoming Course Dates: October 1, 2020 (Virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $225 CDN per person + HST (virtual), $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses.
This hands-on course is designed for those new to PowerPoint who want to create professional-looking presentations. Students will learn to use the different PowerPoint views to create presentations using various themes, slide layouts and formatting strategies. Graphics and photos will be imported and manipulated to add interest. Students will also add drawing objects and charts to slides and will apply animations and transitions. Preparing and previewing a presentation will be included as well as running a slide show. During this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Each student will also receive a full course manual.
Prerequisite: Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Related training: View all Microsoft PowerPoint courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Practice and exercise files
- Sample templates
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft PowerPoint Environment
- Working with the Ribbon
- Adding buttons to the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating between different views in PowerPoint
- Creating slides with different slide layouts
- Entering content in the outline
- Navigating using different methods and in different views
- Selecting text using keyboard shortcuts
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating and Editing a Presentation
- Creating a new presentation using an overall theme
- Changing the font theme and color theme
- Editing a presentation in different views
- Saving a presentation
Formatting a Presentation
- Changing themes to quickly change formatting
- Applying different types of character formatting to text
- Making global changes to font, size and bullets by editing the slider master or layouts
Working with Images
- Inserting images on slides, masters or layouts
- Resizing an image in different ways
- Applying different types of formatting to pictures
- Tips and tricks for working with pictures
Drawing and Formatting Shapes
- Inserting shapes such as rectangles, ovals and other pre-defined shapes
- Resizing a shape using the mouse or keyboard shortcuts
- Applying fills and outlines to shapes
- Using tricks to quickly format and copy shapes
Inserting Simple Charts
- Inserting a bar or column chart
- Formatting a chart using the Ribbon or task pane
- Changing the chart’s data sheet
Applying Animations and Transitions
- Applying entrance animations to images or text
- Adding transition effects between slides in a slide show
Running a Slide Show
- Running a slide show that includes animations and transitions
- Using keyboard shortcuts to navigate in a slide show
- Exiting a slide show
REGISTER for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information regarding different versions? Check out our PowerPoint versions overview.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can create PowerPoint presentations with countdown timer slides or you can download free PowerPoint timer slides. Timers can be for minutes or seconds.
You can embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint presentation and run it during a slide show. Essentially, you are linking to the YouTube video using this method but it will play seamlessly in PowerPoint.
You can use these useful PowerPoint keyboard shortcuts when you are running a slide show to play, pause, restart and control videos during a slide show.
You may also like
You can create hanging or first line indents in Microsoft Word using the Ruler, the Paragraph dialog box or a keyboard shortcut.
You can apply superscript or subscript formatting in Microsoft Word using buttons on the Ribbon, keyboard shortcuts or the Font dialog box.
You can convert a PDF (Portable Document Format) file to an editable Word document without using other programs. If you have Microsoft Word 2013 or a later version, you can open and convert PDF files with a couple of clicks.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org