Microsoft PowerPoint: Introduction
PowerPoint Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® PowerPoint® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 2019 | 365 (Windows)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Upcoming Course Dates: May 8, 2019 | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
This hands-on course is designed for those new to PowerPoint who want to create professional-looking presentations. Students will learn to use the different PowerPoint views to create presentations using various themes, slide layouts and formatting strategies. Graphics and photos will be imported and manipulated to add interest. Students will also add drawing objects and charts to slides and will apply animations and transitions. Preparing and previewing a presentation will be included as well as running a slide show. During this course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts. Each student will also receive a full course manual.
Prerequisite: Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft PowerPoint courses >
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Practice and exercise files
- Sample templates
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Working in the Microsoft PowerPoint Environment
- Using the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Working with the different views in PowerPoint including Normal, Slide Sorter and Slide Show
- Using different slide layouts
- Entering in the outline
- Navigating in a presentation
- Selecting text and moving quickly through a presentation
- Zooming in and zooming out quickly and easily
Creating and Editing a Presentation
- Creating a new PowerPoint presentation using a theme
- Making changes in the different views
- Saving a PowerPoint presentation
Formatting a Presentation
- Applying different themes to quickly change formatting
- Applying different character formatting to specific text
- Making global changes to font, size and bullets by editing the slider master or layouts
Working with Images
- Inserting pictures on slides or masters
- Resizing a picture using different strategies
- Applying formatting to pictures
- Tips and tricks for working with pictures
Drawing and Formatting Shapes
- Inserting shapes such as rectangles, ovals and pre-defined shapes
- Resizing a shape using different strategies
- Applying fills and outlines to shapes
- Using tricks to quickly format and copy shapes
Inserting Simple Charts
- Adding a simple bar or column chart to a presentation
- Formatting a chart
- Changing the data source for a chart
Applying Animations and Transitions
- Applying entrance animations to images and text
- Adding transition effects between slides in a slide show
Running a Slide Show
- Running a slide show that includes animations and transitions
- Using various keyboard shortcuts to navigate in a slide show
- Exiting a slide show
REGISTER for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Do you need more information regarding different versions? Check out our PowerPoint versions overview.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can achieve some interesting effects by cropping images to shapes in PowerPoint. However, if you want to crop an image to a circle, you’ll need to combine cropping options.
If you want to extract all images (or even just one or two) from a Microsoft PowerPoint deck to use in another presentation, there are a couple of ways to extract images …
You can print PowerPoint speaker notes with or without slide thumbnails. Users can control the way notes pages are printed in three ways …
You may also like
There are a few ways to keep a Microsoft Word row or table together on one page. The method you use depends on several factors including the size of the table …
You can use 3D references in Excel formulas to calculate across multiple worksheets that are structured in the same way. A 3D reference refers to the same cell or range of cells on multiple worksheets.
You can insert hyperlinks in Microsoft Word documents to make it easy for users to click a link to jump to another location. It’s also simple to edit and remove hyperlinks …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org