Microsoft Outlook: Intermediate / Advanced
Microsoft Outlook Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Outlook® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Fee: Varies depending on group size.
During this hands-on course, students will learn to use some of the more advanced features in Microsoft Outlook to manage email, contacts, appointments/events, and tasks. Students will create rules to manage emails, use filtering and search strategies, set key preferences for email, work with more advanced calendar features and share information with other users. Data will also be imported and exported and AutoArchiving will be reviewed. Many areas of Outlook will be customized to the user’s preferences to improve the user’s experience and save time.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Outlook: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us for more information including savings for custom group training,
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Filtering and Searching
- Filtering emails
- Searching for emails using And, Or and Not operators
- Creating a search folder
Managing Email using Rules
- Creating a new rule
- Using And, Or and Not operators in rules
- Deleting a rule
- Using the Rules Wizard
- Archiving individual messages
- Archiving multiple messages
- Using AutoArchive
- Controlling AutoArchive settings
- Specifying or changing the AutoArchive folder
Working with Calendars
- Creating additional calendars
- Viewing calendars side-by-side or overlaid
- Printing options for the calendars
- Adding a second time zone
- Allowing sharing of mail and calendars
- Setting permissions
- Setting permissions for specific access
- Viewing folders and tasks for which you have been granted permission
- Removing users
- Sharing calendars
- Opening shared calendars
- Working with calendar groups
- Marking an appointment as private
- Taking and tracking a vote
Importing and Exporting
- Import and export rules
- Importing eml-files into Outlook
- Importing multiple contacts from a vCard file
- Importing a contacts csv export
- Exporting options
- Exporting multiple contacts
- Exporting to or importing from Excel
- Settings for junk mail
- Specifying preferred senders
- Using and customizing AutoCorrect
- Automating commands
- Creating Quick Steps
- Managing Quick Steps
- Customizing the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Creating and using custom contact groups
- Adding fields to a view
- Creating a custom view
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
*Prices subject to change.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
You may like
You can apply double spacing to paragraphs in Microsoft Word in a few ways. Single and double spacing is applied to line spacing within a paragraph which is different from space above and below a paragraph.
It’s easy to add page numbers at the top or bottom of your pages using headers or footers in simple, one section documents. However, if you want to restart numbering in different parts of your document, separate your document into sections …
There are many different shortcuts for selecting elements in Microsoft Excel tables. You can use shortcuts to select an entire table, an entire row, an entire column or ranges in tables.
You may also like
Starting in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, you can use the Merge Shapes tool to crop an image to a circle. You can use either Intersect or Subtract to cut out a circle (or other shape) from a picture.
You can use keyboard shortcuts to apply strikethrough to text in Microsoft Word. One of the best strategies is to assign your own keyboard shortcuts.
You can use PowerPoint Designer to get design ideas for slides. Designer suggests layouts for images, but it can also help with the design of slides containing other types of content.
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com