Microsoft Outlook: Intermediate / Advanced
Microsoft Outlook Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Outlook® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Fee: Varies depending on group size.
During this hands-on course, students will learn to use some of the more advanced features in Microsoft Outlook to manage email, contacts, appointments/events, and tasks. Students will create rules to manage emails, use filtering and search strategies, set key preferences for email, work with more advanced calendar features and share information with other users. Data will also be imported and exported and AutoArchiving will be reviewed. Many areas of Outlook will be customized to the user’s preferences to improve the user’s experience and save time.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Outlook: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us for more information including savings for custom group training,
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Filtering and Searching
- Filtering emails
- Searching for emails using And, Or and Not operators
- Creating a search folder
Managing Email using Rules
- Creating a new rule
- Using And, Or and Not operators in rules
- Deleting a rule
- Using the Rules Wizard
- Archiving individual messages
- Archiving multiple messages
- Using AutoArchive
- Controlling AutoArchive settings
- Specifying or changing the AutoArchive folder
Working with Calendars
- Creating additional calendars
- Viewing calendars side-by-side or overlaid
- Printing options for the calendars
- Adding a second time zone
- Allowing sharing of mail and calendars
- Setting permissions
- Setting permissions for specific access
- Viewing folders and tasks for which you have been granted permission
- Removing users
- Sharing calendars
- Opening shared calendars
- Working with calendar groups
- Marking an appointment as private
- Taking and tracking a vote
Importing and Exporting
- Import and export rules
- Importing eml-files into Outlook
- Importing multiple contacts from a vCard file
- Importing a contacts csv export
- Exporting options
- Exporting multiple contacts
- Exporting to or importing from Excel
- Settings for junk mail
- Specifying preferred senders
- Using and customizing AutoCorrect
- Automating commands
- Creating Quick Steps
- Managing Quick Steps
- Customizing the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Creating and using custom contact groups
- Adding fields to a view
- Creating a custom view
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
*Prices subject to change.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
You may like
In Microsoft Word, images can be extracted one by one or you can extract all images by converting a Word document to a zip file or saving it as a web page. Extracting all images is helpful if you’d like to find pictures that are inflated in size.
To remove blanks in pivot tables, you can set pivot table options to display data in empty cells, filter to remove blanks, apply conditional formatting, find and replace blanks or change pivot table design settings …
In Microsoft Word, you can save lots of time if you can move around quickly in your documents. You can use keyboard shortcuts to jump to the beginning or end of your document and move up or down by page or paragraph.
You may also like
Remote workers and teams are growing at an exponential rate with the advent of new technology and, recently, because of social distancing. Check out these strategies to keep these teams focused, productive and motivated.
With the increase in cases of COVID-19 or Coronavirus as well as the drastic increase in digital technologies and new types of jobs, the number of people working remotely is rising significantly. Because of this change in the way many people are working, we’ve compiled a list of 10 tips on how to be a productive remote worker for both veterans and newbies.
The new year prompts many people to set New Year’s resolutions to help make positive changes in their personal and professional lives. However, keeping those resolutions is not so simple. The following are 10 popular resolutions that show up year after year on many lists …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com