Microsoft Outlook: Intermediate / Advanced
Microsoft Outlook Training Series | Level 2
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Outlook® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Fee: Varies depending on group size.
During this hands-on course, students will learn to use some of the more advanced features in Microsoft Outlook to manage email, contacts, appointments/events, and tasks. Students will create rules to manage emails, use filtering and search strategies, set key preferences for email, work with more advanced calendar features and share information with other users. Data will also be imported and exported and AutoArchiving will be reviewed. Many areas of Outlook will be customized to the user’s preferences to improve the user’s experience and save time.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Outlook: Introduction or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us for more information including savings for custom group training,
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Filtering and Searching
- Filtering emails
- Searching for emails using And, Or and Not operators
- Creating a search folder
Managing Email using Rules
- Creating a new rule
- Using And, Or and Not operators in rules
- Deleting a rule
- Using the Rules Wizard
- Archiving individual messages
- Archiving multiple messages
- Using AutoArchive
- Controlling AutoArchive settings
- Specifying or changing the AutoArchive folder
Working with Calendars
- Creating additional calendars
- Viewing calendars side-by-side or overlaid
- Printing options for the calendars
- Adding a second time zone
- Allowing sharing of mail and calendars
- Setting permissions
- Setting permissions for specific access
- Viewing folders and tasks for which you have been granted permission
- Removing users
- Sharing calendars
- Opening shared calendars
- Working with calendar groups
- Marking an appointment as private
- Taking and tracking a vote
Importing and Exporting
- Import and export rules
- Importing eml-files into Outlook
- Importing multiple contacts from a vCard file
- Importing a contacts csv export
- Exporting options
- Exporting multiple contacts
- Exporting to or importing from Excel
- Settings for junk mail
- Specifying preferred senders
- Using and customizing AutoCorrect
- Automating commands
- Creating Quick Steps
- Managing Quick Steps
- Customizing the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Creating and using custom contact groups
- Adding fields to a view
- Creating a custom view
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
*Prices subject to change.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
You may like
You can create, use and edit templates in Microsoft Word for frequently used documents such as letters, reports, proposals and manuals. Templates include basic character, paragraph and page formatting and may include text, custom styles, tables, images, macros, sections, headers and footers.
A pivot table can be deleted in an Excel workbook in several ways. You can delete a pivot table, convert a pivot table to values or clear data and customizations from a pivot table to reset it. When a pivot table is created from source data in a workbook,
Depending on your country or region, Excel may display decimal points or dots instead of commas for larger numbers. The decimal point (.) or comma (,) is used as the group separator in different regions in the world. You can change commas to decimal points or dots or vice versa in your Excel workbook temporarily or permanently.
You may also like
You can add animation to images, text and other objects in PowerPoint. Animations can be entrance, exit, emphasis or motion path and can start on click or automatically when you run a slide show …
You can remove the background of an image you have inserted into a PowerPoint presentation and keep a specific part or parts of the image. The background you remove can be a solid color or it can include different colors and other images …
Training methods that are used in a virtual classroom need to support learning objects and should also be engaging, appropriate for the type of training and the virtual space, viable and cost-effective. Many training methods can be used both in a live classroom and in a virtual one …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com