Microsoft Outlook: Introduction
Microsoft Outlook Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Microsoft® Outlook® Versions: 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Fee: Varies depending on group size.
During this hands-on course, learn to use Microsoft Outlook to manage email, contacts, appointments/events, and tasks. Students will set preferences for email, events and tasks and use different strategies to send and manage emails, create events and create and assign tasks. Different views will be used as well as keyboard shortcuts. At the end of the course, students will generate a mail merge from specific Outlook contacts.
Prerequisite: Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us for more information including savings for custom group training
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Microsoft Outlook Environment
- Working with the Ribbon and the Quick Access Toolbar
- Navigating quickly in Outlook
- Moving quickly between different views
- Setting preferences
- Setting up a signature for emails
- Creating and sending emails
- Creating folders to file emails
- Setting a vacation message
- Adding, editing and deleting contacts
- Organizing contacts into categories
Working with the Calendar
- Adding events/appointments to a calendar
- Creating a recurring event/appointment
- Specifying colours for different types of events
- Changing the calendar layout, view and other defaults
- Setting reminders for events
- Organizing a meeting
- Dealing with an invitation to a meeting
Creating and Managing Tasks
- Creating task lists to manage to do lists
- Setting reminders for tasks
- Attaching an item to a task
- Assigning a task
- Using the Journal
- Creating notes in Outlook
- Assigning categories to notes
- Generating a mail merge with Outlook contacts
- Filtering contacts within a merge
Do you need more information? Contact us!
Copyright 2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
*Prices subject to change without notice.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
You may like
In Microsoft Word, images can be extracted one by one or you can extract all images by converting a Word document to a zip file or saving it as a web page. Extracting all images is helpful if you’d like to find pictures that are inflated in size.
You can easily add links or hyperlinks in PowerPoint presentations to add interactivity and make it easy for users to click a button or link to jump to another slide in your deck, to another presentation, to an Excel file or to a web site.
You can insert nonbreaking spaces and nonbreaking dashes or hyphens in PowerPoint to keep characters together on one line …
You may also like
To remove blanks in pivot tables, you can set pivot table options to display data in empty cells, filter to remove blanks, apply conditional formatting, find and replace blanks or change pivot table design settings …
There are many different shortcuts for selecting elements in Microsoft Excel tables. You can use shortcuts to select an entire table, an entire row, an entire column or ranges in tables.
You can use keyboard shortcuts to increase or decrease decimal places. Press Alt to access the Ribbon …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com