Microsoft Word: Advanced Mail Merge
Microsoft Word Training Series | Level 3
Duration: 1/2 day
Microsoft® Word® Versions: 2007 | 2010 | 2013 | 2016 | 365
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Fee: $175 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $125 CDN person + HST*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
This course is designed for the user who needs to move beyond the basics and use Microsoft Word’s mail merge feature for more complex merges. Students will learn to merge letters, labels, catalogues and emails with multiple data sources including Excel worksheets. Various fields will be used to create merges and students will also learn to filter records using multiple criteria.
Prerequisite: Microsoft Word: Intermediate / Advanced or equivalent knowledge and skills.
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information including savings for custom group training.
Related training: View all Microsoft Word courses
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Keyboard shortcuts quick reference
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Follow-up email support
Overview of the Mail Merge Process
- Designating a main document and linking to a data source
- Inserting merge fields
- Creating a mail merge using the mail merge wizard
- Merging to a new document or print
- Generating letters, labels and envelopes
- Saving the main document
- Using a Word table or delimited Word document as the source
- Merging with an Excel worksheet or named range
- Using an Access database table or query as the source
- Changing the data source
- Applying filtering to customize the source records
- Using different operators for filtering records
Working with Field Codes
- Showing/hiding field codes
- Inserting other fields such as IF to run a custom mail merge
- Using the Next Record and Fill-In fields
- Changing the format of numeric and date data using field switches
- Using notes in a mail merge
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Updated January 2, 2017.
Copyright 2014-2017 Avantix Learning Inc.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact us.
*Prices subject to change..
You may like
You can insert built-in or custom fields in Word documents to display variable content that will change when you update the fields. If you want to insert custom fields, you will need to create custom document properties …
You can quickly remove all page breaks in a Microsoft Word file using Find and Replace. The following method will delete all manual page breaks created using the Breaks command or by pressing Ctrl + Enter …
You may also like
You can insert nonbreaking spaces and nonbreaking dashes or hyphens in PowerPoint to keep characters together on one line …
You can change slide size or aspect ratio in Microsoft PowerPoint from widescreen to standard or vice versa. Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) is the default in 2013 and later versions of PowerPoint and standard (4:3 aspect ratio) is the default in 2010 and earlier versions.
You can achieve some interesting effects in your PowerPoint presentations by applying a blur effect to a picture. Blur is an artistic effect and you can increase the blur using the Format Picture task pane or dialog box …
Microsoft, the Microsoft logo, Microsoft Office and related Microsoft applications and logos are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in Canada, US and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of the registered owners.
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | email@example.com