FileMaker Pro: Introduction
FileMaker Pro Training Series | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Software Versions: 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 (other versions on request)
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: August 2, 2019 | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $295 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: Public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training.
During this hands-on FileMaker training course, students will work with this powerful relational database program to create and edit FileMaker databases with tables and multiple layouts. Tables will be designed with various types of fields and properties including fields with drop-down menus, lists, radio buttons and check boxes. Various layouts will be created and formatted for entry and reporting. Students will create multiple find requests with different types of criteria to extract data and will also create reports with calculated fields and summary totals. At the end of the day, students will create a simple relationship between two tables. Throughout the course, the instructor will include numerous tips, tricks and shortcuts.
Prerequisite: Basic keyboarding skills and computer skills
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
Getting Started with FileMaker
- Components of a database
- FileMaker’s saving behaviour
- Creating and saving a new FileMaker database
- Using the Manage Database dialog vs Field Picker
- Working with FileMaker’s modes or views
Creating Tables and Fields
- Creating tables with different types of fields including text, number and date
- Setting properties or options for fields
- Auto-entering data in specific fields (such as dates)
- Creating simple calculated fields in FileMaker
- Renaming a table
- Adding or changing fields
- Viewing data in Browse mode
Adding and Modifying Records
- Viewing as form, list or table in Browse mode
- Entering and editing records in Browse mode
Navigating in FileMaker
- Moving between FileMaker’s views using different strategies
- Navigating between fields
- Navigating between records
Creating and Editing Layouts
- Working with FileMaker’s Inspector, menus and toolbars in Layout mode
- Formatting the initial FileMaker layout by changing themes
- Changing fonts and sizes
- Moving and resizing fields and labels
- Changing colours
- Adding titles
- Creating new layouts to display different types of data in different ways
- Adding and removing fields from a layout
- Renaming layouts
- Using FileMaker’s Find mode to find records using multiple criteria
- Creating multiple find requests in and/or scenarios
- Deleting found records
- Omitting records
- Automating repetitive finding by saving find settings
- Adding a logo to a layout
- Creating letter layouts with merge fields
- Creating label layouts with merge fields
- Automating FileMaker by creating pop-up menus, drop-down lists, radio buttons and check boxes in layouts
Creating and Formatting Reports in FileMaker
- Creating report layouts with different parts including Header, Body and Footer parts
- Adding grand summary parts to a report
- Creating grand totals in reports using summary fields
- Previewing reports
Creating a Relationship
- Setting up a simple relationship between tables based on a key field
- Overview of FileMaker’s table occurrence logic
- Creating a layout that extracts information from two or more tables
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location at 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
If you need more information or would like to arrange custom training, contact us.
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can change slide size or aspect ratio in Microsoft PowerPoint from widescreen to standard or vice versa. Widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) is the default in 2013 and later versions of PowerPoint and standard (4:3 aspect ratio) is the default in 2010 and earlier versions.
You can achieve some interesting effects in your PowerPoint presentations by applying a blur effect to a picture. Blur is an artistic effect and you can increase the blur using the Format Picture task pane or dialog box …
Starting in Microsoft PowerPoint 2013, you can use the Merge Shapes tool to crop an image to a circle. You can use either Intersect or Subtract to cut out a circle (or other shape) from a picture.
You may also like
You can quickly remove all page breaks in a Microsoft Word file using Find and Replace. The following method will delete all manual page breaks created using the Breaks command or by pressing Ctrl + Enter …
You can create a mail merge in Microsoft Word to generate form letters. You’ll need to create a main document or letter in Microsoft Word and then connect to a data set of names and addresses. You can then merge to a new document or printer.
If you are using styles to automatically format your Microsoft Word documents, it’s common to want to import styles from one Word document into another. The best way to import styles is to use the Organizer …
FileMaker, FileMaker Go and the file folder logo are registered trademarks of FileMaker, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Mac and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of the Microsoft Group of Companies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.