Adobe InDesign: Introduction
Adobe InDesign | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Software Versions: CS6/CC
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: December 7, 2018 | View schedule
Course Fee: $395 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $295 CDN person + HST*
Note: public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
This hands-on course will introduce students to Adobe InDesign, one of the most popular page layout programs today. Students will learn to use frames to insert and manipulate text and graphics for flyers, brochures, newsletters and books. Text will be imported and formatted in linked and unlinked frames. Students will import and resize graphics and will wrap text around graphics in frames. In order to automate formatting, paragraph and character styles will also be applied. Sample InDesign documents will be set up with masters including guides, headers, footers and logos.
Prerequisite: Comfortable working with a word processing program such as Microsoft Word
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at email@example.com or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Review the parts of the InDesign window
- Set user preferences for measurement units
- Use the Tool Panel and other Panels
- Display different panels and create a custom workspace
- Use the Pages panel for navigating quickly
- Zoom in and zoom out using keyboard shortcuts
- View documents as one page or side by side
- Set guides or use automatic guides
- Create new documents from scratch or use a document preset for repetitive settings
Work with Frames
- Create text frames for text
- Create graphic frames for images
- Resize and manipulate frames
- Apply strokes and fills to frames
- Specify text frame options
Apply Text Formatting
- Apply character formatting using the Character panel, menus or keyboard shortcuts
- Apply paragraph formatting such as indents and spacing using the Paragraph panel, menus or keyboard shortcuts
- Insert special characters
- Create bulleted lists
Work with Text in Linked Text Frames
- Import text from another program such as Microsoft Word
- Link text frames
- Unlink text frames
- Create a “Continued on and from” setting
- Create multiple columns in a text frame
Insert and Manipulate Graphics
- Insert graphics into a graphic frame
- Resize a graphic using AutoFit settings or manual resizing
- Manage linked graphics using the Links panel
- Understand in-line vs floating graphics
- Specify wrap options around graphics
- Draw objects using the various drawing tools
- Arrange objects by aligning, distributing or grouping
Work with Colour
- Apply pre-defined colour to text and frames
- Use stroke and fill settings
- Use masters to place headers and footers on each page with automatic numbering
- Set guides on masters
- Use logos or images on masters
- Move between the master view and document view
- Learn the basics of automating formatting using styles
- Create and edit paragraph and character styles
Print or Save a File in a Different Format
- Basic print settings
- Create a Portable Document Format (PDF) file
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2018 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can easily change the measurement system units in Microsoft Word for all of your documents. If you’d prefer to work in inches rather than centimeters (or vice versa), simply change the measurement system in Word’s Options.
You can add notes or speaker notes in your PowerPoint files using the Notes pane in Normal view. Notes may be viewed by a presenter during a presentation and may be printed as well. When you create your PowerPoint slides, you can add, edit and format notes.
Check out these Word tips, tricks and shortcuts to select an entire table, a single cell, an entire row or column or even multiple rows or columns in tables.
You can troubleshoot issues with slide numbers in PowerPoint where slide numbers are not showing using several techniques …
You may also like
As many Excel worksheets can become quite large, it can be useful to freeze row and column headings so that they are locked in place when you scroll through your worksheet. In Excel, you can freeze both row headings and column headings or just one.
It’s a common issue for Microsoft Excel users to attempt to use AutoFill to fill data in a filtered list and it doesn’t work as expected. The fill data is entered into all cells, including the hidden or invisible cells. The solution is to enter data into visible cells only …
You can insert subtotals in Microsoft Excel data sets or lists using the Subtotal feature. Check out these 10 great tips which include showing and hiding subtotals, formatting subtotals, copying only subtotals and grand totals and more …
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org