Adobe InDesign: Introduction
Adobe InDesign | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Software Version: CC
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: August 2, 2019 | View schedule
Course Fee: $295 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $395 CDN person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Note: public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
This hands-on course will introduce students to Adobe InDesign, one of the most popular page layout programs today. Students will learn to use frames to insert and manipulate text and graphics for flyers, brochures, newsletters and books. Text will be imported and formatted in linked and unlinked frames. Students will import and resize graphics and will wrap text around graphics in frames. In order to automate formatting, paragraph and character styles will also be applied. Sample InDesign documents will be set up with masters including guides, headers, footers and logos.
Prerequisite: Comfortable working with a word processing program such as Microsoft Word
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at email@example.com or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Review the parts of the InDesign window
- Set user preferences for measurement units
- Use the Tool Panel and other Panels
- Display different panels and create a custom workspace
- Use the Pages panel for navigating quickly
- Zoom in and zoom out using keyboard shortcuts
- View documents as one page or side by side
- Set guides or use automatic guides
- Create new documents from scratch or use a document preset for repetitive settings
Work with Frames
- Create text frames for text
- Create graphic frames for images
- Resize and manipulate frames
- Apply strokes and fills to frames
- Specify text frame options
Apply Text Formatting
- Apply character formatting using the Character panel, menus or keyboard shortcuts
- Apply paragraph formatting such as indents and spacing using the Paragraph panel, menus or keyboard shortcuts
- Insert special characters
- Create bulleted lists
Work with Text in Linked Text Frames
- Import text from another program such as Microsoft Word
- Link text frames
- Unlink text frames
- Create a “Continued on and from” setting
- Create multiple columns in a text frame
Insert and Manipulate Graphics
- Insert graphics into a graphic frame
- Resize a graphic using AutoFit settings or manual resizing
- Manage linked graphics using the Links panel
- Understand in-line vs floating graphics
- Specify wrap options around graphics
- Draw objects using the various drawing tools
- Arrange objects by aligning, distributing or grouping
Work with Colour
- Apply pre-defined colour to text and frames
- Use stroke and fill settings
- Use masters to place headers and footers on each page with automatic numbering
- Set guides on masters
- Use logos or images on masters
- Move between the master view and document view
- Learn the basics of automating formatting using styles
- Create and edit paragraph and character styles
Print or Save a File in a Different Format
- Basic print settings
- Create a Portable Document Format (PDF) file
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2019 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can use keyboard shortcuts to apply strikethrough to text in Microsoft Word. One of the best strategies is to assign your own keyboard shortcuts.
You can use PowerPoint Designer to get design ideas for slides. Designer suggests layouts for images, but it can also help with the design of slides containing other types of content.
You can insert lines in Microsoft Word by drawing lines or by using borders. In this article, we’ll teach your how to insert or delete lines created with paragraph borders.
You can achieve some interesting effects by cropping images to shapes in PowerPoint. However, if you want to crop an image to a circle, you’ll need to combine cropping options.
You may also like
You can use keyboard shortcuts to increase or decrease decimal places. Press Alt to access the Ribbon …
You can highlight values in fields or records in Microsoft Access reports using conditional formatting. Certain conditions must be met in order for the formatting to be applied …
You can easily show or hide formulas in a number of ways in Microsoft Excel. You can use a keyboard shortcut, click a button and even use a formula to show formulas …
Avantix Learning | 1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801 (Toronto Star Building), Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5E 1W7 | firstname.lastname@example.org