Adobe Acrobat: Introduction
Adobe Acrobat Pro | Level 1
Duration: 1 day (9 am – 4 pm)
Software Versions: DC | CC | DX
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Instructor-led virtual classroom (VC)
Course Dates: October 26, 2020 (Instructor-led virtual classroom) | View schedule
Course Fee: $245 CDN per person + HST (virtual classroom), $295 CDN per person + HST (bring your own device) or $345 CDN per person + HST (Avantix Learning provides device)*
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. Contact us at email@example.com for more information including savings for custom group training.
Note: Public scheduled courses are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training or virtual classroom training (as indicated). Bring your own device rates apply to live classroom courses.
This course will introduce students to Adobe Acrobat to create and edit PDF (Portable Document Format) documents from single files or multiple files. Students will review the tools in Acrobat and then set up documents to save or export as PDF files. Bookmarks and hyperlinks will be created and used for navigating and the redaction feature will be used to remove sensitive content. At the end of the day, students will add protection to a PDF using passwords and specific tools within Acrobat.
Prerequisite: Comfortable using Microsoft Word or another word processing program.
Location and timing: Public scheduled courses are held in downtown Toronto and run from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern Standard Time).
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual or published book
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Overview of the work area
- Using Acrobat toolbars
- Adding tools to the QuickTools toolbar
- Showing and hiding various panels in Acrobat
- Setting preferences
- Setting properties including language
Viewing a PDF Document
- Opening a PDF file
- Moving from page to page and between views
- Zooming in and out using different strategies
- Selecting a page layout
- Searching for text
- Using reading mode
- Using bookmarks
- Configuring the display of PDFs in browsers
Creating PDFs in Microsoft Office Applications
- Installing the PDF Maker in Microsoft applications (if necessary)
- Reviewing PDF Maker settings in Microsoft Office applications
- Creating PDFs in Microsoft Office applications
Creating PDFs in Adobe Applications
- Overview of the PDF Maker in Adobe applications
- Review of the settings in Adobe applications
- Creating PDFs from within Adobe Acrobat
- Converting and combining different types of files into a single PDF
- Converting web pages into PDF documents
Editing PDFs within Acrobat
- Inserting and removing pages
- Rearranging pages
- Rotating pages
- Renumbering pages
- Adding and editing bookmarks
- Adding and removing comments
- Touching up text
- Adding or changing an image
- Adding headers and footers
- Adding a background
- Adding a watermark
- Creating articles
- Adding bookmarks
- Creating links
- Modifying existing links
- Creating articles
- Use the redaction feature to remove sensitive content
- Mark text for redaction
- Search and remove text
- Use the redaction feature with images
- Apply redaction permanently
- Use password protection
- Restrict file access and types of reader activities
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2020 Avantix® Learning
You may like
You can create PowerPoint presentations with countdown timer slides or you can download free PowerPoint timer slides. Timers can be for minutes or seconds.
You can embed a YouTube video in a PowerPoint presentation and run it during a slide show. Essentially, you are linking to the YouTube video using this method but it will play seamlessly in PowerPoint.
You can use these useful PowerPoint keyboard shortcuts when you are running a slide show to play, pause, restart and control videos during a slide show.
You may also like
You can apply superscript to text, numbers or special characters in Google Docs using the Format menu or a keyboard shortct. If you apply superscript, the selected letter, number or symbol will be raised slightly above the line of text and sized to a smaller size.
You can apply strikethrough to text in Google Docs to cross out or create a line through text. This can be effective to show that something has been removed or deleted. Although you can use Strikethrough using the Format menu, you can also use Strikethrough keyboard shortcuts.
You can create hanging or first line indents in Microsoft Word using the Ruler, the Paragraph dialog box or a keyboard shortcut.