Adobe Acrobat: Introduction
Adobe Acrobat Pro | Level 1
Duration: 1 day
Software Version: X | XI | DC
Delivery Methods: Instructor-led classroom (ILC) | Virtual classroom (VC) on request
Course Dates: December 5, 2018 | View schedule
Course Fee: $395 CDN per person + HST or BYOD (bring your own device): $295 CDN person + HST*
Note: public scheduled dates for this course are delivered as live instructor-led classroom training
This course will introduce students to Adobe Acrobat to create and edit PDF (Portable Document Format) documents from single files or multiple files. Students will review the tools in Acrobat and then set up documents to save or export as PDF files. Bookmarks and hyperlinks will be created and used for navigating and the redaction feature will be used to remove sensitive content. At the end of the day, students will add protection to a PDF using passwords and specific tools within Acrobat.
Prerequisite: Comfort with the basics of Adobe InDesign and/or MS Office programs
Custom training: This course may be delivered at your site or ours as an instructor-led or virtual classroom solution. For more information including savings for custom group training, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone.
INCLUDED IN THIS COURSE
- Comprehensive course manual or published book
- Sample and exercise files
- Refreshments (for classes conducted in Avantix Learning classrooms)
- Certificate of completion
- Follow-up email support
- Overview of the work area
- Using Acrobat toolbars
- Adding tools to the QuickTools toolbar
- Showing and hiding various panels in Acrobat
- Setting preferences
- Setting properties including language
Viewing a PDF Document
- Opening a PDF file
- Moving from page to page and between views
- Zooming in and out using different strategies
- Selecting a page layout
- Searching for text
- Using reading mode
- Using bookmarks
- Configuring the display of PDFs in browsers
Creating PDFs in Microsoft Office Applications
- Installing the PDF Maker in Microsoft applications (if necessary)
- Reviewing PDF Maker settings in Microsoft Office applications
- Creating PDFs in Microsoft Office applications
Creating PDFs in Adobe Applications
- Overview of the PDF Maker in Adobe applications
- Review of the settings in Adobe applications
- Creating PDFs from within Adobe Acrobat
- Converting and combining different types of files into a single PDF
- Converting web pages into PDF documents
Editing PDFs within Acrobat
- Inserting and removing pages
- Rearranging pages
- Rotating pages
- Renumbering pages
- Adding and editing bookmarks
- Adding and removing comments
- Touching up text
- Adding or changing an image
- Adding headers and footers
- Adding a background
- Adding a watermark
- Creating articles
- Adding bookmarks
- Creating links
- Modifying existing links
- Creating articles
- Use the redaction feature to remove sensitive content
- Mark text for redaction
- Search and remove text
- Use the redaction feature with images
- Apply redaction permanently
- Use password protection
- Restrict file access and types of reader activities
Register Now for a public course at our downtown Toronto location.
Do you need more information? Contact us!
To request this page in an alternate format, contact our staff.
*Prices subject to change.
Copyright 2018 Avantix® Learning Inc.
You may like
You can add notes or speaker notes in your PowerPoint files using the Notes pane in Normal view. Notes may be viewed by a presenter during a presentation and may be printed as well. When you create your PowerPoint slides, you can add, edit and format notes.
You can troubleshoot issues with slide numbers in PowerPoint where slide numbers are not showing using several techniques …
You can add slide numbers in PowerPoint to some or all of your slides using slide layouts. If your slide layouts contain slide number placeholders, you can then apply those layouts to your slides so that your slide numbers will display in Normal view …
You may also like
You can create dynamic components in your Microsoft Word documents by inserting and updating fields. Update your fields and the document updates automatically!
Check out these great ways to zoom and pan in your Microsoft Visio diagrams quickly using your mouse and keyboard.
Check out these 10 great Microsoft Visio shortcuts for selecting common tools in the Ribbon including the Pointer, Text tools and drawing tools.